Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61151 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default how to redirect old domain to new domain in nginx? but...

how to redirect a old domain to a new one in nginx .. but i want to be redirected to main url only mysite.com the old domain was using a script totally diferent so i dont need to keep urls like oldsite.com/blog to newsite.com/blog.. i just want all the traffic that still sends google or organic traffic redirects to main url no matter if they type oldsite/blog olsite/gallery etc

thanks
    bachbell Reviewed by bachbell on . how to redirect old domain to new domain in nginx? but... how to redirect a old domain to a new one in nginx .. but i want to be redirected to main url only mysite.com the old domain was using a script totally diferent so i dont need to keep urls like oldsite.com/blog to newsite.com/blog.. i just want all the traffic that still sends google or organic traffic redirects to main url no matter if they type oldsite/blog olsite/gallery etc thanks Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    in your oldsite.com.conf file add

Code: 
    server {
        server_name  www.oldsite.com;
        rewrite ^ http://www.newsite.com permanent;
    }
    after updating restart nginx

Code: 
    service nginx restart
    Bots Development | Web Development | Wordpress Customization | PSD Conversion

Life has many twists and turns in it, you have to take what you are given and use it for the best.

thank you

Thread Information