Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61018 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

It begins...

Default Torrent Webhost Ordered to Pay "Piracy" Damages

I usually don't post news bits, but this is one that exclusively caught my eyes and I'm surprised no one else has posted it by now.

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/torrent-site...amages-121024/

Hollywood-backed anti-piracy outfit BREIN has won a landmark case against XS Networks, the former hosting provider of torrent site SumoTorrent. The Court of The Hague ruled that the provider is responsible for damages copyright holders suffered through the torrent site?s activities. The Dutch verdict has far-reaching implications for the liability of hosting providers for the conduct of their clients.
    Read the full story on Torrentfreak.

The important part here is the precedent. This verdict is the first of its kind and shatters the popular belief shared by delusional pirates here that Netherlands is a safe haven for warez. If anything, this verdict makes Netherlands a more dangerous place in comparison to, say, Canada. Heck, even the US would appear to be safer.

How many web hosts do you think will want to host piracy sites now that there's a precedent and they know they're in constant danger of being sued for damages for housing pirate sites? Looks like a lot of them will be in for a nice surprise, if not already. Including the notorious Ecatel. Thoughts?

P.S: Offshore ain't so offshore now, eh? Never really understood why people called NL 'offshore'.
    Lifetalk Reviewed by Lifetalk on . Torrent Webhost Ordered to Pay "Piracy" Damages I usually don't post news bits, but this is one that exclusively caught my eyes and I'm surprised no one else has posted it by now. Source: http://torrentfreak.com/torrent-site-webhost-ordered-to-pay-piracy-damages-121024/ Read the full story on Torrentfreak. The important part here is the precedent. This verdict is the first of its kind and shatters the popular belief shared by delusional pirates here that Netherlands is a safe haven for warez. If anything, this verdict makes Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

I never considered NL is offshore ..........i always knew BREIN was shit
    for me offshore is sweden , china(best)
    This news bit is most important for all those webhost hosting warez lol (surprising there is lots on KWWH)
    Helping people is my hobby.....
    Learn how to secure your server against ddos

Respected Member
    Offshore web hosting is hosting that is in a country other than where an individual or business is located. In other words, it's web hosting that's beyond the legal reach of the authorities in the country of the individual or business needing web hosting services.
    -----
    So any country is offshore; USA even. KWWH users have taken this to think they can do whatever they want lol

Respected Member

my site also down by BREIN Complain

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifetalk View Post
    P.S: Offshore ain't so offshore now, eh? Never really understood why people called NL 'offshore'.
    I thought offshore is everything that is hosted outside of my own country...
    For me, USA is offshore, for US resident USA is onshore...
    No?
    Term offshore, however, is meant for hosting providers. If their office is outside USA, then USA is offshore for them.

It begins...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Offshore web hosting is hosting that is in a country other than where an individual or business is located. In other words, it's web hosting that's beyond the legal reach of the authorities in the country of the individual or business needing web hosting services.
    -----
    So any country is offshore; USA even. KWWH users have taken this to think they can do whatever they want lol
    Correct; except I honestly doubt that given recent revelations, anything is really beyond the legal reach of the RIAA/MPAA who are US based.

Quote Originally Posted by cvrle
    I thought offshore is everything that is hosted outside of my own country...
    For me, USA is offshore, for US resident USA is onshore...
    No?
    Term offshore, however, is meant for hosting providers. If their office is outside USA, then USA is offshore for them.
    In the strictest sense, yes. Offshore for you is anything outside your own country's borders. But, as far as web hosting is concerned, the term extends to meaning places with relatively relaxed legal jurisdictions. Which is why you might come across advertisements for servers located 'offshore' for high risk businesses (think replica sites, etc).

Thanks Froomple for pointing out my post but i don't mind the double post
    Offshore must be redefined as hosting in countries that are not in legal reach of RIAA/MPAA.
    USA wants to control the internet , sadly they don't understand that the internet is not their property.
    Helping people is my hobby.....
    Learn how to secure your server against ddos

will torrent site can still use sweeden or iran or russia or china

or maybe simple can host site at different server at same time

I love post like these, well there has been a court case where BREIN won, but the so called "Torrent Webhost" stopped being a webhost in February 2012, also 'Xs Networks Bv' is declared bankrupt a few days ago.
    so BREIN won a case against a paper company, thats now bankrupt, well woop ti woo, good for hem, love to see them wast their money.

Thread Information