Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6394 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Windows 8 Review: Incredibly Innovative, Incredibly Important, Not Quite Incredible

Windows 8 Review: Incredibly Innovative, Incredibly Important, Not Quite Incredible

Windows. The central pillar of Microsoft and the modern computing world has also been, for the past several years, passingly easy to take for granted. Operating at varying degrees of mundane to tolerable, Windows has been a bore; a groan and a what-can-you-do shrug. No more.
    With the intersection of PC and tablet interface in Windows 8, Microsoft hasn't just made a gamble on its Metro interface (Microsoft doesn't call it that anymore, but we have for months and will continue to) catching on; it's introduced a whole new set of variables to an overwhelming frontrunner. It's like Usain Bolt going home and training to run the 100m while playing the bagpipes. The degree of difficulty is staggering. The ambition behind it admirable. And the execution? Not half bad. But not quite there yet, either.

Using Windows 8 is pleasant, especially if you don't have to do anything in a particular hurry. It's a totally new way of thinking about how you want to operate in a desktop OS?and maybe not entirely in the way you think. But it also seems like a rough draft of a deeply interesting idea.
    Full review at: http://gizmodo.com/5934932/windows-8...ite-incredible
    Suhel Reviewed by Suhel on . Windows 8 Review: Incredibly Innovative, Incredibly Important, Not Quite Incredible Windows 8 Review: Incredibly Innovative, Incredibly Important, Not Quite Incredible http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17w24fcamgpo1jpg/original.jpg Full review at: http://gizmodo.com/5934932/windows-8-review-incredibly-innovative-incredibly-important-not-quite-incredible Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

I still don't know what to think of it after using alpha, beta, and developer preview. I look forward to running it on a tablet in the future, but I just can't see myself using it on my workstation. It's a very neat concept, which has been discussed over and over. I just don't think it is ready as a major release. They should have released it as their Tablet OS, not as Windows 8. Maybe Windows 8 Tablet/Surface Edition or something.

Thread Information