Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61973 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ψ(`∇?)ψ
    Prisoner A sees 2 white hats
    Prisoner B sees 1 white 1 black
    Prisoner C sees 1 white 1 black

or

Prisoner A sees 2 white hats
    Prisoner B sees 2 white hats
    Prisoner C sees 2 white hats

3 white hats, 2 black
    2 white hats on head / leaves 1 white and 2 black in the game
    (trying to solve)

In case where someone sees black/white hats on opposite sides (B and C see black white), they're not able to solve the answer, because there could be any color on their head. Also, 2 persons could guess. This option is self excluding for persons B and C
    In case where someone sees white/white combination, there's still one white left and 2 black, as possibility. Therefore, also unable to solve it. 3 persons have equal chance in solving it, since they all see the same, and can think the same.
    Since solution MUST have an answer, the only way is that persons B and C see white/black combination, where A person is the person with black hat.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    photostash.me videostash.org
    I solve this

Website's:
    epicimagehost.com
    After going to wikipedia a crucial thing got left out of this.

edit: nvm. If they can all see each other it can be guessed correctly indeed.
    edit?: still not sure tho.

@OP: what in this situation:
    A: white
    B: black
    C: white

spent last 15 minutes on this, and still no clue.

Alternative answer- since the prisoners can see each others hat, they are sitting in a circle, And one prisoner was able to see the reflection of his hat in the eye of other. (but i guess they are too far apart to do this ).

White hat , black hat , Is This SEO related question <!-- too tired to think -->

Now we're talking !
    Quote Originally Posted by cvrle77 View Post
    In case where someone sees black/white hats on opposite sides (B and C see black white), they're not able to solve the answer, because there could be any color on their head. Also, 2 persons could guess. This option is self excluding for persons B and C
    Actually this is a factor key, because there is a way to know what's on your head if you see Black & White on B&C.
    Also i can see that you're trying to solve this by using probability laws, and there is no way/solution for it using this method (Obviously they all have the same chance/probability of having a white or black hat if they see a 2 whites).
    The trick is to assume you are one of them (let's say you're the winner) how could you guess your color is totally depending on why the 2 others couldn't guess theirs.

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    they couldn't guess because they don't see 2 black hats, that's the only solution for instant answer
    um, that implies, that if I see 2 white hats, and I don't wear black hat, I have white hat as well

DAMN!

Quote Originally Posted by HostMafia View Post
    spent last 15 minutes on this, and still no clue.

Alternative answer- since the prisoners can see each others hat, they are sitting in a circle, And one prisoner was able to see the reflection of his hat in the eye of other. (but i guess they are too far apart to do this ).

White hat , black hat , Is This SEO related question <!-- too tired to think -->
    ROFLLL
    Just follow the clues bellow, the answer is very close.

Website's:
    epicimagehost.com
    I'm just gonna continue doing my homework

@cvrle77

how could you guess your color is totally depending on why the 2 others couldn't guess theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin H View Post
    edit: nvm. If they can all see each other it can be guessed correctly indeed.
    Correct, the key is bellow ^^^^

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    Actually, it is what I said in the beginning, you didn't put riddle correctly, because, person B and C couldn't answer regardless of the hat I am wearing.
    They could either see white black or white white. They didn't guess because it was not black black combination. So, if it wasn't black black, because they CAN see one white, and one X, regardless of which hat is on my head, no one is able to tell the correct answer, because there's possibility of both.

So, other 2 persons didn't saw black black, which doesn't tell which hat is on my head, because I know thy see one white hat.

The only logical solution is, that 2 persons could see same thing, or all 3 could see the same thing.
    This doesn't give anyone advantage, to be the only one to give the proper answer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information