Hello all,

Some months back, I made a post about the payment gateway CarrotPay.

Carrotpay is the payment gateway of choice at FileShoppe due to their innovative ideas and fresh approach to payment processing.

That being said, there are drawbacks to such innovation and new concepts. The number 1 limiting factor seemed to be that people are weary of change.

Since then they have implemented a much desired feature called Paypal-pass-through.

Anyone familiar with 2Checkout should know what this is. Essentially, CarrotPay, like 2CO, now offer buyers the ability to pay with Paypal without having to sign up to the system. The merchant still recieves all the money at the low rate offered by CarrotPay and the fees associated with using paypal are covered by the buyer (it is added to the overall price when payment is eventually made).

For us (FileShoppe), this represents an amazing opportunity as it opens up our market considerably. I'm sure there are many webmasters on this forum who could benefit from such a system.

There are some problems though. Unfortunatly, it seems their early implementation of Pass through has some bugs. Though working fine on Chrome and FireFox, some versions of IE would fail, leaving the buyer out of pocket and the seller not receiving payment. We reported the error and they have for the time being stopped processing Passthrough payments for users using IE.

Still, worth a look. We have just upgraded our implementation to include passthrough on our own site and will see how well it works
FShoppe Reviewed by FShoppe on . CarrotPay with Paypal passthrough Hello all, Some months back, I made a post about the payment gateway CarrotPay. Carrotpay is the payment gateway of choice at FileShoppe due to their innovative ideas and fresh approach to payment processing. That being said, there are drawbacks to such innovation and new concepts. The number 1 limiting factor seemed to be that people are weary of change. Since then they have implemented a much desired feature called Paypal-pass-through. Rating: 5