So, I know this is a really lame question, but I haven't been able to sort it out.

I'm looking to purchase a server for some cloud computing. It looks like everything has 2 Hard Drive Bays (typically both for 2.5" SATA), which suggests to me that I'm probably going to be limited to something like 2 (Hard Drive Bays) x 2 (HDDs) = 4 TB.

Now, with a chassis, I can start adding HDDs to my setup. However, it seems like they are also offering me slots for more computing unites (I'm sorry, I'm unsure about the terminology).

Is it abnormal not to use those extra slots? Any problem with me using those slots to add a bunch of 3.5"s to the unit?

I feel like I'm going to be using much more storage than computing power, but I feel like I might be missing something.
Robin Hood Reviewed by Robin Hood on . How Much Storage Can I Put On My Server? So, I know this is a really lame question, but I haven't been able to sort it out. I'm looking to purchase a server for some cloud computing. It looks like everything has 2 Hard Drive Bays (typically both for 2.5" SATA), which suggests to me that I'm probably going to be limited to something like 2 (Hard Drive Bays) x 2 (HDDs) = 4 TB. Now, with a chassis, I can start adding HDDs to my setup. However, it seems like they are also offering me slots for more computing unites (I'm sorry, I'm Rating: 5