Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62057 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Security patch released for latest vbulletin

This affects the following releases:vBulletin 3.8.4 PL1 / 3.7.6 PL1 / 3.6.12 PL2

An XSS flaw within the user profile page has recently been discovered. This could allow an attacker to carry out an action as a user or obtain access to a user's account. To resolve this issue, it has been necessary to release a patch level version of the active versions of vBulletin.

The upgrade process is the same as previous patch level releases - simply download the patch from the Members Area, extract the files and upload to your webserver, overwriting the existing files. There is no upgrade script required.

As with all security-based releases, we recommend that all customers upgrade as soon as possible in order to prevent any potential damage resulting from the flaw being exploited.

Source: Vbulletin.com

I would suggest people start upgrading now.
    Storming Reviewed by Storming on . Security patch released for latest vbulletin This affects the following releases:vBulletin 3.8.4 PL1 / 3.7.6 PL1 / 3.6.12 PL2 Source: Vbulletin.com I would suggest people start upgrading now. Rating: 5
    It's amazing, being in a community can cause hate. Competitors or not - DDOS isn't cool :)

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    zomgbbqpizza.com evilddl.com scenemarket.org
    LOL, they finally found it then...

IPB FTW

* vBulletin 3.8.3
    Really hope This site patches up..
    It's amazing, being in a community can cause hate. Competitors or not - DDOS isn't cool :)

Website's:
    awfuck.it
    Did they serious find this just now? Wow...now they have to find the one in the memberlist page haha.
    "People that walk, need to learn how to sound like a book from the age of movies that has routers, then you can change the wall color, if you truly believe in food."
    - el_jentel1 (Link to quote)
    I love esotorisk and st0ne <3
    http://www.formspring.me/iamgodhimself - Ask me anything!

Website's:
    FlowForums.com
    They alway fix the patches and this site might want to get up to date.

Respected Developer
    That reminds me, I need to tell Izzy to update InWarez (That's whenever he's back).

Respected Member
    Its not specifically versions 3.8.4, 3.7.6, 3.6.12 that are affected, all versions are, for example if you are running 3.8.2 or 3.7.5 etc you are vulnerable and need to update to the latest version.

To resolve this issue, it has been necessary to release a patch level version of the active versions of vBulletin.
    That is why the patch was released across all there active versions, the older versions are probably vulnerable also but they have stopped updating those so if your running those you need to manually do it, vBulletin and XSS are like bread and butter just can't keep them apart.

Banned
    Website's:
    Dev-Security.net
    another reason why i use IPB even tho i dont know shit about it but that is besides the point lol

Respected Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    That reminds me, I need to tell Izzy to update InWarez (That's whenever he's back).
    If he still has enough space left on his shared hosting...

Website's:
    FlowForums.com
    3.8.4 PL1 / 3.7.6 PL1 / 3.6.12 PL2 these are the new releases not the affected versions. They have 3.6 stable usable addition for people who don't want to move up to 3.7 or 3.8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information