Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61115 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sorry I can't help you restore it,

But heres a tip: I use Cloudflare along with their WP-plugin

It gives an extra layer of security, Free too! (But they do have paid plans)

Banned
    Website's:
    biohost.info biohost.biz biohost.net blu.me.uk
    Defacement's are not done to show the admin of the site that there is a flaw, they do it to gain respect in the "Hacker world"
    When a site is defaced it is submitted to http://www.zone-h.org/ which basically logs the total hacks / defacement's of the group and so forth. As someone said earlier if your using anything nulled STOP and get the real deal. When ever something is hacked on our servers we do a format and restore. But it's pretty rare for us to be hacked, it has never happened on our hosting servers and I welcome anyone who wants to make a name for themselves to give it a try. For those that might try and open up putty and say OH OHHHMYGHGHGHGHGHG ROOT AUTHORIZATION OMG NOOB, No. People who need to change to a different port are the noobs because any hacker has a port scanner and can easily find out what port SSH is listening on. Unless you got with key auth then you can just get into their pc.

If you think you might of had a key logger on your pc then yes format it. Also, if your using legitimate software google the version number to see if there are any exploits listed. 0day exploits are usually out to the public within a week. As for who ever said you can check the logs if it's a vps or dedicated...Just I'm speechless, a good hacker doesn't leave a trace and please don't reply with "IF THEY USE A PROXY I CAN FIND OUT" Hackers are far beyond proxies and are well protected (If their smart...)

Pro tip, if you find your site on the zone list and it says multiple site defacement then your server has been exploited and your host is not aware and in all honesty...you should move if this is the case.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information