Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6968 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    facebook.com

Post ?Big brother? lamp posts can hear, see and bark ?Obey!? at you

‘Big brother’ lamp posts can hear, see and bark ‘Obey!’ at you

Published: 15 May, 2012

Street lights that can spy installed in some American cities

TAGS:Human rights, USA, Security

America welcomes a new brand of smart street lightning systems: energy-efficient, long-lasting, complete with LED screens to show ads. They can also spy on citizens in a way George Orwell would not have imagined in his worst nightmare.
    ­

With a price tag of $3,000+ apiece, according to an ABC report, the street lights are now being rolled out in Detroit, Chicago and Pittsburgh, and may soon mushroom all across the country.

Part of the Intellistreets systems made by the company Illuminating Concepts, they have a number of “homeland security applications” attached.

Each has a microprocessor “essentially similar to an iPhone,” capable of wireless communication. Each can capture images and count people for the police through a digital camera, record conversations of passers-by and even give voice commands thanks to a built-in speaker.

Ron Harwood, president and founder of Illuminating Concepts, says he eyed the creation of such a system after the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the Hurricane Katrina disaster. He is “working with Homeland Security” to deliver his dream of making people “more informed and safer.”

“The system represents Big Brother on steroids,” commented the website InfoWars.com, which sees Intellistreets as a major threat to privacy.

Source: http://rt.com/news/big-brother-street-lamps-286/
    cotufa-ssdd Reviewed by cotufa-ssdd on . ?Big brother? lamp posts can hear, see and bark ?Obey!? at you ‘Big brother’ lamp posts can hear, see and bark ‘Obey!’ at you Published: 15 May, 2012 http://rt.com/files/news/big-brother-street-lamps-286/i274d715df067e49d2c166a19a2d30b29_intellistreets.n.jpg Rating: 5
    All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

2.   Sponsored Links

yea have seen a few as I live in one on the city's listed

Website's:
    Nerdy-Tutorials.com Mp3viddown.com Filmlab.eu
    doesnt make a diff.. the only reason why you would cross at a traffic light would be if you are making a chop or running away from someone killing u..

Fuck Big Brother!
    no one has any privacy anymore, it's fucking ludacris!

Website's:
    ihide.info
    glad i dont live in one of those cities. and very glad i stay inside all day long with my tinfoil hat on
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Thread Information