Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61569 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i dont understand the user even replied to the thread we posted saying " content not downloading................" why will an company agent reply like that

2.   Sponsored Links

Already had a word with him through pm.

Have checked the ip and it seems to be someone doing prank with him.
    The ip is of someone who is an individual private home user and not that of a company or a representative firm.

@ Maverick : Its just someone who is jealous of your site and nothing else.

I already told you many things which you should believe it.
    I am the TharkiBaba >_> Oh well thats my websites name -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Qoo View Post
    @flowers, so what if he is from India?

No one can demand you to give out personal details such as the IP address unless they have a court order.

In normal procedere, they have to file a writ of summons (or distress) for you to remove your copyrighted material.

After which they have to sue you for copyright infringement and if you claim that user wasn't you then you would be required to release personal info of the user (in this case, the IP address) but that only if the court gives an order.

Companies just send these kind of messages to scare you (if it's real in the first place).

Not many companies would hire a lawyer (even though it's a retainer) to write a letter and then file the writ to sue you. It's not that easy and the whole process is very costly.
    That's because he got the violation report from an Indian Anti Piracy Branch so he is like onshore for them. Regarding revealing the details of the user and all about court orders, yes that has to be done and they wont take so much pain for just one page. But there is no harm in removing the reported content.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maverick79 View Post
    i dont understand the user even replied to the thread we posted saying " content not downloading................" why will an company agent reply like that
    then thats probably your competitor trying to put you off the track. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by flowers View Post
    then thats probably your competitor trying to put you off the track. Lol
    yes he registered on our 2 months back and he used his yahoo id

Website's:
    WarezHackerZ.com WarezHackerz.in ForumScripts.org
    Lol yahoo id then guess what i think its a fake one lol

Quote Originally Posted by awaiz007 View Post
    Lol yahoo id then guess what i think its a fake one lol
    Yep that too an personal yahoo id with no telephone number or email id provided to contact them

then i think he might have received similar notice actually from the anti piracy branch and he just thought you should also receive similar one out of jealousy... Reply him back WITH THIS:

lol guys but iam intially a bit tensed having looked at that for the first time

Of course you would get tensed the first time you see it.

You never know, the next time it might be from an actual party who owns the copyright.

Besides, there is nothing to be scared of as long as you remove the content if you are asked to.

Super busy. I have to forward this email to 20 people in 5 minutes or else a ghost will visit me tonight and my room is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Qoo View Post
    Of course you would get tensed the first time you see it.

You never know, the next time it might be from an actual party who owns the copyright.

Besides, there is nothing to be scared of as long as you remove the content if you are asked to.

why will he reply me with an personal email id also no contact info of them is provided
    so u consider it to be wise removing the content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information