Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61066 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org

Default Forums are dying because of Social Networks

Don't go biting my head off. This is meant to be a discussion and I want to hear what you think.

I personally think that a few years ago bullitin boards and forums were far more popular and more engaging but now I fine them frustrating. On social networks like Google+, Facebook, Twitter they have complicated algorithms in use to see what's trending and popular. They know what your interested in so the content is always fresh and relevant. I now find when I visit a forum, and I'm not just referring to KWWHunction, it's a lot harder to find content your interested in as you have to scroll through the recent topics on the chance you find something interesting.

Do you find forums as engaging or do you have any tricks for finding fresh content on forums you may find interesting?
    Mr Happy Reviewed by Mr Happy on . Forums are dying because of Social Networks Don't go biting my head off. This is meant to be a discussion and I want to hear what you think. I personally think that a few years ago bullitin boards and forums were far more popular and more engaging but now I fine them frustrating. On social networks like Google+, Facebook, Twitter they have complicated algorithms in use to see what's trending and popular. They know what your interested in so the content is always fresh and relevant. I now find when I visit a forum, and I'm not just Rating: 5
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    imdber.org justpaste.me
    Now I prefer question and answer sites, like SO, where you can get faster results than you expect in forums. And it's easier to find what you are interested in with tags. I think it depends on what type of content the forum is focused on, like in programming you can't do constructive programming in a social networking site.

True - people tend to communicate with other through FB,G+ and Twitter. Also You need to think about one more idea - too much of information around You... After reading whole wall of fb posts I literally don't have time and/or energy to read forums.

OFC people will always publish the content (Wrz i.e) and put on forums - but the community will be not as stron as it was in the past .

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathetic View Post
    Now I prefer question and answer sites, like SO, where you can get faster results than you expect in forums. And it's easier to find what you are interested in with tags. I think it depends on what type of content the forum is focused on, like in programming you can't do constructive programming in a social networking site.
    Taking programming as an example yes question and answer sites are better like SO (StackOverflow.com for those that don't know) are far better. StackOverflow does have similar elements though as it has algorithms which show relevant answers. These are powered by tags, and both questions and answers which are rated but from a discussion and news point of view I still think social networks are better particularly Google+ which is more of a male tech nerds hangout.

You'll always have specialized sites that survive but for general news and discussion no matter the topic social sites are taking more control.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

I actually came into warez because of google's old social network Orkut.
    There were forums and I joined a few, became active, became a member of blakut.com (we changed from warez news) and then everyone migrated to Facebook but still I feel discussion in a forum is much better.
    Now we just discuss amongst ourselves.

Basically I think its just filtering out the unwanted.

Banned
    Forums are dying???
    nope dude.

Reason :-
    Social media site don't have category like forums.

A webmaster forum is an good example for this.

There are so many categories.
    like:- Sales/ Coder etc.
    but A Social media site don't have this. Social media's pages are only for a specific Category.

Isn't it?

They need not be for a specific category arnav, if the members are limited you can have a very good discussion on whatever you need to.
    Facebook GROUPS is very good IMO

Banned
    But what will happen if it become large?????

Once it become large it will hard to find interesting thoughts.

After become a part of Forum, we can search in forums. But we cannot search in Social Media Page.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by arnav View Post
    Forums are dying???
    nope dude.

Reason :-
    Social media site don't have category like forums.

A webmaster forum is an good example for this.

There are so many categories.
    like:- Sales/ Coder etc.
    but A Social media site don't have this. Social media's pages are only for a specific Category.

Isn't it?
    Not entirely true. In social media sites you can set up groups (Facebook) or Circles (Google) which relate to people and categories.

Arnav, Closed group (Invite whom you want to).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information