Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6935 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default So I set up a medical marijuana finder website, and I have a few questions

First off, this is legal. Or at least it will be when I write up the correct Terms etc. Its MedicalPatientsChoice.com, and I am using the Open Classifieds script to run it.

I want to set up a small store page for each member if they choose to create one, so they can sell their own custom blown oil rigs, domes, nails, dishes, and dabbers.

So, my question is, how would I go about doing this?
    Would I have to code it myself since its an Open Source project? Or is there something like a plugin that I can install that'll popup and display the shop, because I'm trying to keep the site the same theme throughout, besides the forums but I'm working on those.

Thanks for any help
    freehugs Reviewed by freehugs on . So I set up a medical marijuana finder website, and I have a few questions First off, this is legal. Or at least it will be when I write up the correct Terms etc. Its MedicalPatientsChoice.com, and I am using the Open Classifieds script to run it. I want to set up a small store page for each member if they choose to create one, so they can sell their own custom blown oil rigs, domes, nails, dishes, and dabbers. So, my question is, how would I go about doing this? Would I have to code it myself since its an Open Source project? Or is there something like a Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Interesting choice of sales technique.

I've never created something like that before though I do have experience in e-commerce.

I'm sure there are plugins available (Sorry Don't know which ones), or you could find a site similar to the type of site your building now and contact the webmaster to see if you can buy the software off of him/her.

If your looking for a coder, try Vworker (Formerlly Rentacoder) Your protected and your coder won't get paid until all specifications are complete. This is where I usually go when I need to have programming or coding done.

Sorry I don't know too much about open classified scripts though.

Ok thanks for the help man. And yeah I'm a part of a BHO group on facebook so I want to add it for those guys. I'll check out Vworker though.

Banned
    Website's:
    KatzDDL.Com IntoDDL.Com
    there is already ..
    Code: 
    thcfinder.com and weedmaps.com

This is a different design than those two websites.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

bumppppppp I'm trying to get this set up soon

I found a few options for you:

have you checked out the
    http://www.appthemes.com/blog/tag/classipress/
    classipress its a plugin for wordpress

theres also

http://www.worksforweb.com/
    http://open-classifieds.com/

From my understanding if you choose the open source software your going to have to hire a coder to modify it to look how you want it to look or function how you want it to function.

I already have a classifieds ads setup, I used open classifieds, so all I am wondering about is adding a shop function to it.

now I'm saying, is there another way to do this than to code it myself, directly into the OC script? Like for instance, a scipt I could install that would be a popup mini shop for the user, just something like that. The actual classifieds part is already taken care of. Thanks for the help though

Thread Information