Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6962 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    dreamteamdownloads1.com

Thumbs down Altushost Changing Server Bases-Is Your Site Down?

I have been working with them for weeks, to resolve a continuing/returning problem on my site, some of which are;

1. Message received " Server resetting"

2. Site slowing down during busy periods

3. Taking pages forever to change after you press submit.

They would do the repairs after they found the cause which took a while on each occasion it happened.

Eventually they must have received other similar complaints, and I kept the ticket open by "nagging them" to solve it permanently, and upon further investigation, they found there was a hardware problem on their part.

They decided to change some IP ranges to overcome this permanently, but since they did in the past couple of days, my site has had nothing but problems.

This is a long and tedious/difficult job and my site may be "up and down" for a bit.

So sorry and I hope you bear with us and persevere in trying to get on, whether you are an existing member on there, or would like to join. I know many of my staff, members, and Uploaders are members and post on KWWH.

Please support me and keep trying. I own that site and its driving me nuts!!! havent been able to get any work done on there for a couple of days, as I have been working days and throughout the night to resolve the problems

They used an old db backup yesterday and I lost members and posts. They corrected this and then I and others couldnt get on yesterday. The only way I could get on was by clicking on a link within an email notification. But when I tried to go onto the home page, I received the message;

DEFAULT WEBSITE PAGE.

I could get on through my admincp and go onto the forum home page yesterday that way, but now I cant get onto the site at all.

I have to say though that Altushost is the best server and support team I have ever found on the net. Their response time to tickets is speedy and excellent! Great Tech Support Staff.

Thank you all.

From a very tired & frustrated Ladybbird, who hopes they resolve it soon.

PS. Are any of you others experiencing similar problems?
    Ladybbird1 Reviewed by Ladybbird1 on . Altushost Changing Server Bases-Is Your Site Down? I have been working with them for weeks, to resolve a continuing/returning problem on my site, some of which are; 1. Message received " Server resetting" 2. Site slowing down during busy periods 3. Taking pages forever to change after you press submit. They would do the repairs after they found the cause which took a while on each occasion it happened. Rating: 5
    Visit Ladybbird's Site For Free Good Stuff & More Help, Click Here

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    dreamteamdownloads1.com
    We are still down most of the day and our server is blaming us saying we must have changed things. We have NOT and everything is correct our end.
    This problem only started happening when the server changed our IP range. It is nearly 3 weeks now and they still have not resolved this.

Some days we can get on for about 20 mins, then we receive the same messages;

Attached Images

Or we receive this;

Now they continue to say we have done something yet I provided this evidence to them that even they have the same problems as us;

Attached Images

They cant seem to solve this and I dont have the money to pay the set up charges and first month in advance for a new server.

I am at a loss, but for sure it has severly damaged our site and its reputation

Website's:
    NoSeriously.org
    I just visited your site and it's up.

Website's:
    dreamteamdownloads1.com
    Now and again yes it is, rather like a old pastor with a girl from the streets eh? Up, Down Up Down

Website's:
    1-link.org swtim.org
    Off course it is down, at least twice a day , so it is time to move to cheaper reliable host ( my other site is hosted on hosting provider which is 3 times cheaper and for last 3 months just once was down) so in my opinion avoid altushost till they fix all of their problems

My sites are up no pb here

Website's:
    dreamteamdownloads1.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aleksandar View Post
    Off course it is down, at least twice a day , so it is time to move to cheaper reliable host ( my other site is hosted on hosting provider which is 3 times cheaper and for last 3 months just once was down) so in my opinion avoid altushost till they fix all of their problems
    Yes down again today, this has really damaged my site and its' reputation. I have given them 3 weeks and they still havent solved it. Im changing hosts, the only problem is I have never done this before and do not know how to config the new server on my side of things and my Tech Admin has serious power problems. So Im stuffed. I was hoping to do it tomorrow and I have another Admin, who doesnt know how to do that either, but is available and ready to do the back up tomorrow as he has excellent internet and where I live, I dont.

If any of you can help me with easy instructions, or give me a link on how to, I would be very grateful

Thanks for your advice and help.

Website's:
    Buried.com CryptCrawl.com
    Anyone can provide an alternate host which is better and reliable than altushost?

I see the downtime issue on altushost is too common now.

I am sure if they will not fix their server issue for permanent. Many would change their host soon.

Website's:
    dreamteamdownloads1.com
    Thank you DoggY DuKe, I am glad you advised me of that, it just makes my decision easier to move Hosts.

Has anyone ever managed to get a refund from Altushost? Because I just paid them 10 days ago for another month's service, $172.95,,,,, and want a refund but so far they have not responded to my request for it.

I am checking this one out;

http://www.besthostingforums.com/8-s...nds-usa-67.htm

Has anyone tried that and can advise if they are good?

Also does anyone have Godaddy as their Host? I wondered what their service is like, any complaints of downtime or slow response to support tickets?

Thank you

Website's:
    1-link.org swtim.org
    That is the one I am talking about, 3 months only one downtime

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information