Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61117 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Probation

Lightbulb Maximizing your Earnings - Forums/Membership Levels [to0limited]

Maximizing your Earning$
    How to, The Rules & Guidelines

This article only pertains to those fortunate enough to have a decent fan base. Anyone else who hasn't reached this plateau yet, please be patient as I will be releasing my "Drive Traffic Heavy" text shortly on KWWH for you.

Everyone at some time or the other has wondered how to make money from their website in some fashion. Whether it be from advertisements in the form of popups, popunders, banner ads, text links or V.I.P Subscriptions. But in most cases so many of us have difficulty generating any money from the advertisements or V.I.P Memberships. The reasons are very simple.

When you start out your website young, never ever jump the gun and launch a V.I.P system or Advertisement campaigns on your domain. Visitors/Members firstly hate advertisements. A new site with ad's just shows the average member that you are money hungry, and personally if you are looking for money (when in most cases your initial hosting fee's are next to nothing) right away, what will you turn or flip the site for in the future? These are questions.

A Member will come to a site and look for:

• Stability
    • Lack of Advertisements
    • Ease of Navigation
    • Sense of Homeness

What your job should be is making the member/visitor feel guilty if they don't decide to stick around on your forum. Keep them on the edge of their seat, whether it be with unique graphics/design/theme, contests, content, or just being very active throughout your own community. Which means actually communicating with your members, something that very few webmasters actually do these days for some reason.

Once you establish a relationship with your members, you continue to push your website. Show the community that you are working and striving your hardest to be the best at what you do.

This is when you should make a general topic announcing that there is a V.I.P in the works and it will be great. You will need to beef up your topic and explain what it will include. It should include in almost all cases RS accounts. These will get your members to signup right away when the time comes. Whatever you do though, you don't want to rush into things and open up right away with a dead V.I.P (kinda like USAWarez.org ). You wan't to actually bulk up that content, purchase/collect some RS/MU accounts and get ready for the grand opening. All the while you and your team are working hard on the V.I.P you will be constantly beefing it up in the community, explaining in great detail how great that it will be what makes it great, etc.

In this scene, people lack the sense of motivation or customer relation methods for some reason. Time and time again I have seen webmasters have such poor relation skills that it's nearly impossible for them to make a dime in order to actually improve their website. What you need to do is think for the majority, rather than the minority. Your words, your prescense, your very being needs to be directed in the same manner that you present yourself and your V.I.P. Being professional and swift.

Ok, so back to the V.I.P. Let's say you are generating 5,000 unique visitors/day. If you market yourself properly there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to convert at least 100 of those into paying members per month. Which if you think about it is a really poor ratio.... The question is, how to do it?

This is where figuring out where your traffic is coming from, the origin and demographic generations. You then target the "majority" based upon their referral and their region. Knowing how these people think and what they want is your ticket to getting a new subscription. It's all about marketing and effectively marketing your product. That's how you need to think about your V.I.P. It's a product, that you are going to sell. You are going to sell it because you believe in your product and you know your product is worth the buy. You are then going to CONVINCE your public that your V.I.P is like no other.

The key to getting massive V.I.P subscriptions is really simple:

• No Advertisements on General Forum
    • RS/MU Accounts in V.I.P
    • Great unique selection of quality/clean content
    • Motivational propaganda methods
    • A Unique clean Community
    • Affordable prices (read below)
    • Getting to know your members
    • Knowing where your members are coming from and what they are looking for

When you decide to setup your V.I.P pricing, it is always best to go for the low end of the scale. Ie; $3.00/month. It is very cheap, but the reason you are cheap is because you want people to come and experience. You can always raise prices in the future, but you need to show your members that you are offering a great service at an affordable price.

Once they have entered into the membership phase of your community, generally those members will stay aboard if you treat them right - keeping those RS accounts alive - filling their requests.

The cheaper the memberships are in the beginning, the larger your clientele database will become in the future. Imagine getting 10 memberships one month - 10 the next and 10 every month after that for a year. By the years end (expecting half to renew) you have now 60 V.I.P members per month renewing (always more if done properly). That's 60 x $3.00 = $240.00/month. That's if you are for some reason at the low end of the scale (meaning you haven't improved your system and haven't made your system in high demand - read below ). That's also saying that you only received 10 new subscriptions/month at the base rate of $3.00 - not including yearly or lifetime subscriptions. It could really be and should be much much greater than this in a years time.

Make that V.I.P HIGH DEMAND:

After a while from the initial release of your V.I.P you will see it taper off a bit. What you need to do is now make it into High-Demand Mode:

• Set up a maximum number of remaining slots. Force this value down publicly to within a 5- notice. (Members will feel the need to signup or miss out).
    • Have existing members create testimonials - offer them a free month in return for a great testimonial, trust me it pays off.
    • Continuously have a talk about how great V.I.P is throughout the community, but not seeming needy AT ALL, nor pressured, nor spammish.
    • NEVER EMAIL your members about purchasing V.I.P, but offer them perks and pluses without having to purchase V.I.P - thus establishing a trustworthy relationship with them.

ROUGH DRAFT ONLY - MUCH MORE LATER

To0 Reviewed by To0 on . Maximizing your Earnings - Forums/Membership Levels [to0limited] Maximizing your Earning$ How to, The Rules & Guidelines http://www.besthostingforums.com/images/cdn/besthostingforums.com/2009/09/15299729_400x400-1.jpg This article only pertains to those fortunate enough to have a decent fan base. Anyone else who hasn't reached this plateau yet, please be patient as I will be releasing my "Drive Traffic Heavy" text shortly on KWWH for you. Everyone at some time or the other has wondered how to make money from their website in some fashion. Whether it be Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    zomgbbqpizza.com evilddl.com scenemarket.org
    Great article, thanks for posting. Has given me a few ideas on how to improve my forum.

Website's:
    Error-Zone.com shortbusriders.net
    nice article

What he said

Probation
    You didn't even read it lol

Website's:
    *************** IMGscene.com
    Nice article, and you're 100% right. I'll just go for the V.I.P thing, as I hate advertises.
    R.I.P Brother ~~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjPRBPLL6jI

I'm a standing soldier.... :/

Probation
    Thanks guys. Like the other article, this one isn't finished.

I have a lot to add to this and the other one as well. Hope you all continue to enjoy the reads. I got more on the way

Great read. Thanks for sharing this useful info.

i like the article read every word ...u should start posting more of theses ..thankss.

And to0 goes pow right in the kisser with another great post

Cheers dude your posts are really helpfull
    Signature too big, removed by staff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information