Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62130 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Website's:
    ProSpeedHost.com ProSpeedHost.net BlazingVPS.net ShoutCastRadios.com ShoutCastUK.co.uk CheapShoutcast.co.uk

Default Help with cron job

Right i have what i think is a cron job problem with one of my radio server scripts, it seems to be shutting down radios at a certain time every day, now when it comes to digging into script on a live working server i look for the experts for guidance.

Now the radio script we use was made by a Hungarian team and of course they do not offer support in english, or in any other form as i can seem to find.

We have tried contacting the script creator with no reply's yet.

Anyone who thinks they might be able to help please get in touch

Thanks
    UKInternetGroup Reviewed by UKInternetGroup on . Help with Cron Job Right i have what i think is a cron job problem with one of my radio server scripts, it seems to be shutting down radios at a certain time every day, now when it comes to digging into script on a live working server i look for the experts for guidance. Now the radio script we use was made by a Hungarian team and of course they do not offer support in english, or in any other form as i can seem to find. We have tried contacting the script creator with no reply's yet. Anyone who thinks Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    WarezEurope.com
    Are you sure it isn't the webserver restarting.

Banned
    Website's:
    ProSpeedHost.com ProSpeedHost.net BlazingVPS.net ShoutCastRadios.com ShoutCastUK.co.uk CheapShoutcast.co.uk
    well when i run " cronjob -e " its saying there no cronjobs, when i try and remove any by running " cronjob -r " is again said " no cronjobs for root " so surely if the webserver had a restart cronjob it would show??

it had crossed my mind but cant find any evidence of it...

Website's:
    WarezEurope.com
    I asked because I used to have issues with shoutcast and apache conflicting being they wanted to use the same port. Are you using a web hosting panel?

Banned
    Website's:
    no hosting panel on our radio servers, just the script installed via ssh! i may have found the problem, bare with me i will report back.

Website's:
    forumhookers.com
    You have to pm me if you need debian experts!

Banned
    Website's:
    my report back is, i was wrong... the script will close down servers if for example auto dj ends/runs out of music to play and not active for a period of time so we added a script that lets the autodj keep replaying just ran a test and that script is working... so back to square one.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Pm sent

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Think i have found the cronjob, after a hell of a search looking for it,

Code: 
    @reboot /home/radioscript/rebootstart
    0 0 * * *    /home/radioscript/killacc.sh > /dev/null 2>&1
    I think im right in saying that currently the cronjob above is set to reboot @ midnight (server time which is set to GMT)

Can anyone confirm what im saying? before i go playing with it.

I r Super Cop
    updated title...
    Follow besthostingforums on FB

Looking for an Article Writer? Check out my services here.

Banned
    Website's:
    txt file? backup?

Banned
    Website's:
    Oh i see what you mean, just a quick question, if i was to set the cron job as shown below what would this mean? no cronjob?

Code: 
    @reboot /home/radioscript/rebootstart * * * * *    /home/radioscript/killacc.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information