Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61021 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok... let's did this up for my review:

i bought a vps from webhostdaddy on March this year, a 35$ one (can't remember the name) and it really worked fine, the support answered all my questions and helped me to setup everything and always paid on time

In August i received an email saying that the service i had was going to be discontinued and i chose a new plan (a little cheaper), support again took care of everything.

i forgot to cancel my paypal subscription so by the end on september i made an autopayment of the old service and even asked for a refund because i was planning to buy more ip's for a new project and use my credit, today i logged in to buy more services and see that my service was "terminated". i saw my balance and checked that my old service was still "alive" and the invoice paid but the new one did not.

I paid manually the invoice (so it's double payment) and opened a ticked to ask for a service restore and now i've been told that my account has been terminated and no chance of being restored.

It's my fault not to double check the invoice before - Yes
    I saw my auto payment and did not care to confirm it - Yes - f*ck i even paid more than i had to so in my good faith i thought that the money would be used to cover it.

i have backups of almost every website, and i'm afraid of only one that i BOUGHT recently and did not have time to do it... if the seller does not have it, that's money thrown away.

i'm not blaming the company for their procedure, i'm just said for treating the clients like this... "well i'm sorry but the system do it automatically". If the "system" was good enough it would refuse the auto-payment for the old service. If the "system" was good enough, it would transfer the balance to the right invoice. Sorry but i can't understand how to rely the clients (yes the guys that put money in your pocket) into an auto-system!

Yes i also deal with my clients, good ones, bad ones, but they give me their money. Even when they din't pay on time i keep doing seo for them, so they don't loose their income and can keep paying me. Some of them keep trusting because they know if they have a hard month i won't back down on them...

i that's how i feel! I don't always care if it's the cheapest or the fastest, i just need to trust the service. i recently got a big service from a client that covers all the income from that vps so professionally i'm in a good vibe right now (that's why i'm not freaking out)

Bottom line here is:

as a client
    - keep updated backup
    - manually check the invoices and your spam folder

for the providers
    - please don't leave your client's abandoned to autopilot systems
    - don't let the "system" delete accounts just because it passed 5 or 10 days

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    webhostdaddy.com
    Hello HotNich, your old virtual server was cancelled in August because we moved all clients to Cloud Servers. So it was your responsibility to cancel the subscription payment from PayPal because if you don't cancel then it(PayPal) will keep sending it and the invoice you required to pay was not paid paid by you. You can't overpay for one bill and expect it to apply to another independent service, that's not how it works.

Your server was terminated after 7 days of the due date and that is more than enough, because we are doing serious business here. Keeping your suspended server cost us money on daily basis. Specially when we don't know if you will pay or not.

We have more than 5000 clients and it's not possible for us to send personal message to each client if he/she wants to pay for next month or not.

I think the billing system we use(WHMCS) is best and the system sent you invoice email 7 days before the due date and then multiple reminders after the due date. But you just ignored that and after 7 days system terminated your account.

I don't think we abandoned the client on any point, because client needs to be bit responsible as well.

Secondly the rule is simple, we send you invoice 7 days before and then multiple notices after the due date, if you don't pay the invoice after 7 days of the due date then we terminate the service.

Bilal, as you may see from my post i don't over criticize or trash talk you service. Is my point of view and my overall experience...

there is the "simple 7 days rule" ok it's your company, you have other 4999 clients to take care of, more 4999 monthly payments. I'm just pissed that's all because i lost data (my fault) over a stupid (my opinion) "7 days rule".

IMO maybe WHMCS should be able to verify IF the client have other services/balance/credit in their account and IF YES THAN do not DELETE.
    I'me just talking as a client, not a technician...

like i said i didn't have ANY problem and the support always helped when i needed but i got f*cked over a "rule" when i PAID the service but the wrong invoice!

all i ask is:

any restore data (old server, new server whatever)
    refund for the two payments made

Website's:
    webhostdaddy.com
    Well it's not system fault, you need to be more responsible that's it. Update the ticket with refund request and your payments will be refunded.

there is plenty water out there in the ocean for both of us.

yes i should be more responsible but also take good care of your 49999 remaining clients and don't treat them like livestock just with system rules.

Website's:
    webhostdaddy.com
    I think we treat all clients perfectly but if a person just ignores repeated email messages and is not responsible enough then it's not our fault.

Bilal you keep on the same music over and over again...
    i admitted my fault and if you are saying "if a person just ignores repeated email messages and is not responsible enough then it's not our fault" what should i say from a person that receive a bigger payment, receive a second payment and still terminates a clients account?

i failed - yes
    you/system/company failed - yes

Website's:
    webhostdaddy.com
    Well you need to accept that you were not responsible enough to pay attention to emails and then blaming system or company is not good idea. You don't know how things works buddy so i don't blame you, common sense is that you can't over pay your electricity bill and then expect that extra payment goes toward your phone bill.

Server was suspended for 7 days(offline) where were you then? This shows how much you care about your customers and how much responsible you are!

Be responsible in your life and don't blame other for your mistakes.

now you are scaling and... without a reason.

"This shows how much you care about your customers"
    what my customers have to do with this? reselling host is not everyone's business you know... my client's work is safe, i do care about the ones that put food on my table. this was my playground and luckily i didn't had much time to play lately.

"Be responsible in your life and don't blame other for your mistakes. "
    i admitted my mistake from the beginning in case you didn't read my post. but you just can't admit that you received two payments:
    - one for a service you no longer provide (yes it's my fault to pay, stupid of me)
    - second for a service you already terminated (stupid of me times two)

you just keep this going on and on...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information