Ok... let's did this up for my review:

i bought a vps from webhostdaddy on March this year, a 35$ one (can't remember the name) and it really worked fine, the support answered all my questions and helped me to setup everything and always paid on time

In August i received an email saying that the service i had was going to be discontinued and i chose a new plan (a little cheaper), support again took care of everything.

i forgot to cancel my paypal subscription so by the end on september i made an autopayment of the old service and even asked for a refund because i was planning to buy more ip's for a new project and use my credit, today i logged in to buy more services and see that my service was "terminated". i saw my balance and checked that my old service was still "alive" and the invoice paid but the new one did not.

I paid manually the invoice (so it's double payment) and opened a ticked to ask for a service restore and now i've been told that my account has been terminated and no chance of being restored.

It's my fault not to double check the invoice before - Yes
I saw my auto payment and did not care to confirm it - Yes - f*ck i even paid more than i had to so in my good faith i thought that the money would be used to cover it.

i have backups of almost every website, and i'm afraid of only one that i BOUGHT recently and did not have time to do it... if the seller does not have it, that's money thrown away.

i'm not blaming the company for their procedure, i'm just said for treating the clients like this... "well i'm sorry but the system do it automatically". If the "system" was good enough it would refuse the auto-payment for the old service. If the "system" was good enough, it would transfer the balance to the right invoice. Sorry but i can't understand how to rely the clients (yes the guys that put money in your pocket) into an auto-system!

Yes i also deal with my clients, good ones, bad ones, but they give me their money. Even when they din't pay on time i keep doing seo for them, so they don't loose their income and can keep paying me. Some of them keep trusting because they know if they have a hard month i won't back down on them...

i that's how i feel! I don't always care if it's the cheapest or the fastest, i just need to trust the service. i recently got a big service from a client that covers all the income from that vps so professionally i'm in a good vibe right now (that's why i'm not freaking out)

Bottom line here is:

as a client
- keep updated backup
- manually check the invoices and your spam folder

for the providers
- please don't leave your client's abandoned to autopilot systems
- don't let the "system" delete accounts just because it passed 5 or 10 days