Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61079 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Respected Developer

Thumbs down Advertising...

In a lot of topics I see hosts advertising their site and/or services when they shouldn't be. For example some hosts are quick to jump into other hosts official topics when there is a problem to advertise their business. This happens often in other types of topics to (Quick example: click post #4). Hosts are already allowed to advertise their services in one of the Hosting Offers sections or via requesting a review of their site so they shouldn't go "spam" other threads. I think this is becoming annoying.

So, my suggestion would be: can that get moderated?
    Hyperz Reviewed by Hyperz on . Advertising... In a lot of topics I see hosts advertising their site and/or services when they shouldn't be. For example some hosts are quick to jump into other hosts official topics when there is a problem to advertise their business. This happens often in other types of topics to (Quick example: click post #4). Hosts are already allowed to advertise their services in one of the Hosting Offers sections or via requesting a review of their site so they shouldn't go "spam" other threads. I think this is Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Doing things differently.
    I agree with you on all the points you've made Hyperz.

It's really annoying when they just popup saying " Check us out " " Should use our servers " etc etc.

Website's:
    Wrestle-Zone.net Media-Zone.net
    Limiting hosts will give rise to another issue of Hosts complaining that Warez Site owners are doing the same in their own way...
    Just my point of view.

but before-mentioned post.. i agreed it was a blunder

Respected Member
    Currently when that happens I delete the post I don't know what the other mods do but its just my personal stance on this, because there's no clear cut set of rules we often use common sense to sort out what needs to be dealt with. The admins don't give us a big list of what were supposed to moderate which is nice of them.

I won't pester the admins with this because its more of a moderation thing rather than an admin thing but I'll see what Hawk and Whoo think and if the agree we will start dealing with such posts.

Respected Developer
    I wouldn't see my suggestion as limiting hosts TBH. If they want to advertise more they should consider buying ad spots on warez sites of which there are plenty.

Website's:
    Wrestle-Zone.net Media-Zone.net
    Actually when buying a host people look more @ what other webmasters have to say.
    So, this method serves them better.

But i agree.. they're gone wild here, Leash is required!

Respected Member
    run it more like wehbhostingtalk.com they cannot even suggest their own services. Only in the advertising section. I hate seeing somebody advertise their services in every thread even when it does not belong there... see this thread http://www.besthostingforums.com/showthread.php?t=12869

I reported the post so it has been deleted, but 9 out of 10 posts from him are check out hosting at ____ host. He does not even work for them lol

Respected Developer
    Ye it is very annoying and those kind of posts often trigger drama filled replies. Image us posting "hey, check out www.mysite.com" in others posts or review topics. It's dumb, irritating and makes the poster look like a twat.

They can already advertise in:
    - Their sig
    - The Website(s) box on the left
    - Hosting offers section
    - Review section

That ought to be enough no? If they don't get moderated it'll get worse and make xx% of the topics look like billboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperz View Post
    Ye it is very annoying and those kind of posts often trigger drama filled replies. Image us posting "hey, check out www.mysite.com" in others posts or review topics. It's dumb, irritating and makes the poster look like a twat.

They can already advertise in:
    - Their sig
    - The Website(s) box on the left
    - Hosting offers section
    - Review section

That ought to be enough no? If they don't get moderated it'll get worse and make xx% of the topics look like billboards.
    I fully agree on that, hijack other posts in very annoying, also the hosting providers who had negative feedback, they should removed from here.

Website's:
    oulee.com ouleehosting.com litespeedhosting.co.uk ddosprotectedhosting.co.uk radiohost.co.uk windowshosting.im
    They should only be advertising their site on the appropriate threads & sections. It would be unprofessional to post on someone's thread offering your services.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information