Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61028 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking to start selling webhosting!

So, I got my VPS. I need Cpanel and WHMCS, correct? But do I just buy each myself and when I create them new accounts they get as well? Or what? Also wheres the best/cheapest place to buy Cpanel and WHMCS(If it is what I need to start selling Shared Hosting off a VPS)
    ewpoxy Reviewed by ewpoxy on . Looking to start selling webhosting! So, I got my VPS. I need Cpanel and WHMCS, correct? But do I just buy each myself and when I create them new accounts they get as well? Or what? Also wheres the best/cheapest place to buy Cpanel and WHMCS(If it is what I need to start selling Shared Hosting off a VPS) Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    I'm assuming you know nothing about taking care of a server? Please just stop now. You would probably not do well with the tech support or server config/security/updates. There are enough low-end sellers here screwing people everyday.

Website's:
    FlowForums.com
    Cpanel and WHMCS are a must but if you don't know how to manage a server please do not start a hosting business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    I'm assuming you know nothing about taking care of a server? Please just stop now. You would probably not do well with the tech support or server config/security/updates. There are enough low-end sellers here screwing people everyday.
    Would you suggest starting with a reseller plan? I'm not here to make a quick buck, or look for a get rich quick scheme. I'm seriously interested and willing to work and learn. Instead of telling me to just stop, tell me where to start. Point me in the right direction.

Respected Member
    I would suggest holding off. Buy a cheap VPS at burst.net and play with it. Learn to secure it and have somebody try to hack it. Install scripts. Read tutorials. You're going to get a lot of support tickets and issues and constant DDOS attacks. Learn to use SSH, ect ect.

Banned
    Website's:
    ProSpeedHost.com ProSpeedHost.net BlazingVPS.net ShoutCastRadios.com ShoutCastUK.co.uk CheapShoutcast.co.uk
    dont be so hard on people, i started just where this person is, and i had people giving me mouth saying dont do it etc and i went on to host over 2500 shoutcast radio servers and sold my website for over 10k!! so do it, just do not jump the gun, taking on a VPS straight away is not the best idea. PM me and il help you out, because everyone deserves a chance at it!!!!

My advise is do a research mate. Maybe you are a lucky if someone teach you one on one. Google will answer your queries, just search. I understand your side. Just don't give up if you want to achieve something that you wanted.

Respected Member
    Don't be so hard? I made valid suggestions

Banned
    Website's:
    ProSpeedHost.com ProSpeedHost.net BlazingVPS.net ShoutCastRadios.com ShoutCastUK.co.uk CheapShoutcast.co.uk
    i wasnt directing my comments at anyone in particular.

Website's:
    FileShoppe.net
    I would recommend starting off with a reseller account from a reputable host. At least you won't have to worry about server admin/security and you can keep all your profits.

Alternatively, you could sell hosting accounts for existing hosts and earn comission.

Like many of the other comments on this thread, I would not jump into VPS and hosting. If you don't know how to run a server, then learning with live, paying customers is not going to be good for them, and you may end up destroying your reputation and may lose a lot of money.

Of course many of us learn from experience so it could fast track you into the world of hosting! But the cost may be high!

If you can, get a reseller and see if you can get enough customers to make it worth your while. If that works out, rent yourself a VPS and learn how to run it, then transfer over from reseller and try to grow. If that works out, then upgrade to dedi! If that works out, buy more dedis! If that works out, get a rack and start doing colo! If that works out, you may very well be a sucess and hey, its time to start your own data centre :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information