Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6821 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    imageditings.com shimory.com uniquerelease.com

Default How to host website on our own server

Hello guys. My friend working on some company, he ask me can we host our website on hes company server. Hes company got own linux server. Ok my question now is, what should install? Example, if we buy dedi or vps, we just install WHM+Cpanel right? So, if own server how to do?

I got job scope via email today:

Environment:-
    Current Server OS : Centos 6.2
    Webserver : Apache 2.2
    Database : MySQL 5.x
    No. of users : 10 - 12
    Workstation OS : Windows (XP, Vista, 7), Linux

Job Scope :-
    • Setup Samba for file sharing between users and personal data storage
    • User groups where file/directory access is controlled by group permission
    • Harden/Secure local web server so that access can only be from intranet only (deny incoming requests from external sources)
    • SSH access to server for the developers to connect to source code repository
    MediaStar Reviewed by MediaStar on . How to host website on our own server Hello guys. My friend working on some company, he ask me can we host our website on hes company server. Hes company got own linux server. Ok my question now is, what should install? Example, if we buy dedi or vps, we just install WHM+Cpanel right? So, if own server how to do? I got job scope via email today: Environment:- Current Server OS : Centos 6.2 Webserver : Apache 2.2 Database : MySQL 5.x No. of users : 10 - 12 Workstation OS : Windows (XP, Vista, 7), Linux Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    if you mean you own the server/access it physically then just install centos, go to command prompt and install the cpanel with it's normal commands thats it

Website's:
    i-fresh.net
    Your own server is likely a dedi

Website's:
    Quote Originally Posted by vizoomer View Post
    if you mean you own the server/access it physically then just install centos, go to command prompt and install the cpanel with it's normal commands thats it
    Im not sure how it is, maybe a powerfull PC + linux. So, if its a PC, just install centos, go to cmd and install cpanel like we install it using vps/dedi?

Hurmm, how about network. If hes IP not static how then?

Respected Member
    You don't need to install anything if the linux server already has internet access.

You can install something to make it easier for you to manage like kloxo or webmin or a paid control panel if their server doesn't have one..

Website's:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock Down View Post
    You don't need to install anything if the linux server already has internet access.

You can install something to make it easier for you to manage like kloxo or webmin or a paid control panel if their server doesn't have one..
    Im not sure yet how is that server, maybe just a PC with Linux OS. So, from your statement, just install cpanel on linux? I never use physical server, its same like we use dedicated server? If we configure a dedi, login with putty and install cpanel. So, if physical server just direct install cpanel using cmd?

Respected Member
    Yes a home server is a dedi server. I use windows on mine but it is twice as hard as linux.

You do not have to use cpanel as it is a paid product. You can use kloxo or webmin on a linux system.

Remember on a home computer you need at least a 2 megaBYTE upload speed not 2 megabit or it will really be slow for a heavily imaged site.

You can always try it as it will not hurt anything.

Website's:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock Down View Post
    Yes a home server is a dedi server. I use windows on mine but it is twice as hard as linux.

You do not have to use cpanel as it is a paid product. You can use kloxo or webmin on a linux system.

Remember on a home computer you need at least a 2 megaBYTE upload speed not 2 megabit or it will really be slow for a heavily imaged site.

You can always try it as it will not hurt anything.
    So everything is we configure all using terminal?The different with paid dedicated from hosting provider is we configure using putty right?

Banned
    the only difference is this one you can configure it yourself, do anything with it and basically experiment with it as you wish

in the dedi you purchase you have only remote access i.e. via putty, vnc etc

Website's:
    Ok thx for clear up, if hes company is dynamic IP how then?I have used no-ip software before for dynamic IP, but its for windows i guess. So linux how?

And let say, i install cPanel on it. If we install cPanel on VPS or Dedi, we access using IP/cpanel, how for local server then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information