Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61059 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    ihide.info

Default Megaupload data safe from deletion - for now

Megaupload data safe from deletion - for now
    By John Callaham

For a little while, it looked like the data from over 50 million users of the now shut down Megaupload file sharing web site could be deleted starting later this week. Now News.com reports that a deal has been made between Megaupload's defense team and the two companies that hosted Megaupload's servers, Carpathia Hosting and Cogent Communications Group.

The deal will keep the files from being deleted for at least two more weeks, according to Ira Rothken, MegaUpload's U.S. based attorney. He also claims that he is trying to broker a more permanent solution to this issue with the US government prosecutors in this case. However, Rothken also claims that in order to keep the files from being permanently deleted, Megaupload will need to get back some of its assets that prosecutors have currently frozen.

When US law enforcement officials, working with New Zealand police, made their raids on Megaupload's assets earlier this month, they took over the mansion rented by the company's founder Kim Dotcom. NZ$10 million in assets were also seized from various financial institutions. A few days later, more raids in Hong Kong managed to seize another $42 million in assets. It's possible that the company has even more assets that have yet to be discovered.
    ShareShiz Reviewed by ShareShiz on . Megaupload data safe from deletion - for now Megaupload data safe from deletion - for now By John Callaham Rating: 5
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

2.   Sponsored Links

mmm mmm!
    From TFA:
    Previously known as Kim Schmitz, Dotcom, was arrested at his luxury New Zealand mansion on 20 January; he was found locked in a panic room which contained a gun cabinet.
    That's were you want the gun cabinet to be. Who designs a panic room with guns on the outside? The zombies could learn to use them?
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Thread Information