Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6912 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Probation

Default Torrent download speeds?

Ive never tried Torrent in my life

but i think its time to move on

Could anyone tell me how fast Torrent download speeds are and pros and cons?

I need 500kb at least, otherwise its useless
    Saturnsid Reviewed by Saturnsid on . Torrent download speeds? Ive never tried Torrent in my life but i think its time to move on Could anyone tell me how fast Torrent download speeds are and pros and cons? I need 500kb at least, otherwise its useless Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Torrent speeds vary. Say a torrent has 10 seeds, that means you'll be downloading the torrent from 10 people. If they haven't limited their upstream traffic then chances are you'll max your connection out. I torrent constantly, and I get 5.8mb/s on my home connection and anywhere up to 25mb/s on my seedboxes.

Word of warning, keep away from public torrent trackers. I'd suggest you read up on private trackers, seedboxes, VPN's and torrent clients. If you need help or advice feel free to send me a PM.

you can get your maximum speed from a privet tracker like IPT or SCC....
    Also it depends on the seeds also.. The more number of seeds, the better speed...

But in private trackers, people use seedboxes or RDP to upload... so even if only one seed is there, you can good speed..

Pros.
    You can get latest release contents from torrents (Even before they are released in filehosts)

Cons
    You have to maintain ratio in torrent sites.
    Ratio means how much you download that much should be uploaded.. The more you upload, the ratio becomes high.
    One way of maintaining ratio is seeding the torrent back and get Bonus points and convert Bonus points to upload credits..
    Another way is by using a seedbox for uploading back to maintain ratio...

Hope this clarifies the doubts abt torrents...
    Signature removed by staff - Not allowed.

Probation
    @NordicNode
    @aswinrm
    @nirmalpattara

thanks a lot!!!

5.8mb/s!!!! OK this is more than i expected,,,
    im a layman with torrents
    If RS dies, Ill move ASAP

but is there possibility that we get caught?

i wanna ask this because ive heard IP address are blacklisted by their government if we use torrents in Australia

Never say never. But having said that, I'm a dodgy bastard, most of the things I do online are dodgy, and I've never been caught or even come close. The best way you can safeguard yourself is buy investing in a VPN from a reputable company like BTGuard (It's a hell-a-cheap monthly charge, and they physically can't store any connection details, so even when faced with a court order to divulge information, they have none to give). Keep in mind this just encrypts your traffic, it doesn't stop your ISP from seeing how much you're downloading, it just stops them from seeing what you're downloading, so if your ISP is pissy when it comes to bandwidth usage, I'd suggest getting a seedbox ontop (again, quite cheap depending on which provider you go with).

Website's:
    reloaded-games.org

mmm mmm!
    Hey, to increase your download speed you need to change the port.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

seedboxes can be used for torrenting...

You download torrents in seedbox and seedbox uploads back...
    You can also download the completed files from seedbox to your computer...
    So there is no worry of blacklisting.....
    Signature removed by staff - Not allowed.

Do get it from private trackers, best and safe source!
    Screwed

private tracker are the best

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information