Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61497 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    imdber.org justpaste.me

Question Compressing files to the smallest possible size

I'm on limited bandwidth and I want to download GB's of music, so i thought of compressing them in my VPS first before downloading them. What's the command for compressing files to their smallest possible size? I tried using winrar but it's not that small enough:

rar a -m5 filename.rar *
    Apathetic Reviewed by Apathetic on . Compressing files to the smallest possible size I'm on limited bandwidth and I want to download GB's of music, so i thought of compressing them in my VPS first before downloading them. What's the command for compressing files to their smallest possible size? I tried using winrar but it's not that small enough: rar a -m5 filename.rar * Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    Website's:
    DL4Everything.com Soft2050.in
    The default compressions is 3rd m3. m5 providing the best while m0 providing no compression (only storing)

You won't be able to compress the files any further since you are already using m5

Please also note that m5 results in high cpu usage. It may slow down your vps

Website's:
    imdber.org justpaste.me
    I figured out I'd just use tar ang gzip instead. Just incase someone else finds this useful.

use uharc dude

kgb archiver
    very hard and messy to use but if you do it right can lead to VERY small filesize

Banned
    KGB Archiver lets you to compress huge files into a tiny size but it takes a hell lot of time & a lot of your processor. I dont recommend you to use it, Always the original size of a particular file is the best, compressing is bullshit according to me.

Thread Information