Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61093 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Respected Member
    Website's:
    ShineServers.Com Pickadedi.com

Default Officials seize $42 million in MegaUpload assets

In a further setback for MegaUpload, Hong Kong Customs officials have frozen $42 million in assets held by the beleaguered file-swapping site during raids on offices, homes, and hotel suites.
    The raids, which involved 100 officers, yielded a large amount of digital evidence and $42 million in suspected criminal proceeds, the Customs agency said in a statement. High-speed servers believed to be connected to the cases were found in expensive hotel rooms.
    "The assets have been frozen in accordance with related ordinances. The operation is ongoing," the agency said in a statement.
    The U.S. Justice Department and FBI shut down the popular Internet locker service on Thursday and announced indictments against seven people on charges related to online piracy, including racketeering conspiracy, conspiring to commit copyright infringement, and conspiring to commit money laundering.

Four of the seven suspects were taken into custody, including Kim DotCom, aka Kim Schmitz, who was arrested in New Zealand. DotCom is being held without bail until at least tomorrow when a hearing is scheduled to address extraditing DotCom to the United States to face charges.
    Federal officials accuse DotCom and his fellow defendants of pocketing millions of dollars in illegal profits and costing the film industry more than $600 million in damages. The defendants face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.
    The shutdown and arrests led the hacker group Anonymous to launch denial-of-service attacks on a number of music and film industry sites as well as the Web site of the Justice Department.
    DotCom, a former illegal street racer, hacker, and convicted felon, reportedly lived in a $30 million mansion in New Zealand. Police reportedly seized 18 vehicles, including a vintage pink Cadillac, a Lamborghini, a 2010 Maserati, and 2008 Rolls Royce Phantom with a personalized license plate that reads "God."

Source
    Bharat Reviewed by Bharat on . Officials seize $42 million in MegaUpload assets http://asset3.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/01/20/Megaupload03_610x394.jpg In a further setback for MegaUpload, Hong Kong Customs officials have frozen $42 million in assets held by the beleaguered file-swapping site during raids on offices, homes, and hotel suites. The raids, which involved 100 officers, yielded a large amount of digital evidence and $42 million in suspected criminal proceeds, the Customs agency said in a statement. High-speed servers believed to be connected to Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    Seecure.me
    We all knew this day was coming. All we need to do is, be the first to release a new niche, and the $ will roll in.

Banned
    Website's:
    cityvillehelp.com
    nooooooooo o ..what is this happening
    all uploaders will stop uploading and warez content will gradually become less and will have to buy them
    crap!!!

filesonic and others too stopped their affliate system
    and just like hotfile they are banning all the uers whose files are getting deleted by copyright
    then no one will uplod ..... all

sites like piratebay, demonoid , etcc.c. will also get closed by fbi soon

finally i am going to die :

Banned
    Website's:
    cityvillehelp.com
    I will downgrade my 8Mbps Unlimited Broadband and will recharge my 2G mobile with 2$ and get 2GB of bandwidth
    then use internet at 12KBps speed

Respected Member
    Website's:
    ShineServers.Com Pickadedi.com
    Quote Originally Posted by prateek View Post
    I will downgrade my 8Mbps Unlimited Broadband and will recharge my 2G mobile with 2$ and get 2GB of bandwidth
    then use internet at 12KBps speed
    Superb !

millionaires in Jail

Quote Originally Posted by _Vick View Post
    We all knew this day was coming. All we need to do is, be the first to release a new niche, and the $ will roll in.

And then FBI will come down to hunt you.
    I am the TharkiBaba >_> Oh well thats my websites name -_-

$42 million and with shitty rewards program. you can imagine filesonic or fileserve?

Website's:
    wautoposter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    $42 million and with shitty rewards program. you can imagine filesonic or fileserve?
    they get more then million

Thread Information