Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61149 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    ihide.info

Default Symantec now admits to cyber attack on code in 2006

Symantec now admits to cyber attack on code in 2006
    By John Callaham

An older version of the source code created for Symantec's anti-virus and other software security products came directly from Symantec's own servers, rather than from a third party as the company previously had stated a few days ago.

According to a story on Reuters, a Symantec spokesperson said that the source code was obtained back in 2006 for a number of the company's software products. The company currently has no information on how the source code was obtained. It's also not known why it took five years for this issue to resurface.

The source code products included Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, Norton Internet Security, Norton Utilities, Norton GoBack and pcAnywhere. Symantec said that, with one exception, any release of the source codes of these products on the Internet are no threat to any of its customers that are running the current versions of these software products.

The one exception is the pcAnywhere product which Symantec admits to a slight issue with security. A spokesperson said, "Symantec is currently in the process of reaching out to our pcAnywhere customers to make them aware of the situation and to provide remediation steps to maintain the protection of their devices and information."

Last week a hacker group known as the The Lords of Dharmaraja released the source code for the 2006 version of Norton Utilities. The group said they were going to release the source code for Norton Antivirus on Tuesday but so far there's no indication that has happened yet.
    Source
    ShareShiz Reviewed by ShareShiz on . Symantec now admits to cyber attack on code in 2006 Symantec now admits to cyber attack on code in 2006 By John Callaham Source Rating: 5
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

2.   Sponsored Links

mmm mmm!
    Symantec is shit.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Hmmm.... source code of 2006 should not be a threat to symantec, as i guess (and hope) they have evolved many times.

Firefox is open source, still its not a threat of security to anyone.

Cheers for The Lords of Dharmaraja

Website's:
    ihide.info
    this is all about them being hacked 6 years ago and are now telling us. theres no telling what other info was taken other than the source code.
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

mmm mmm!
    As this includes a Corporate version, I'm sure enterprises just LOVE to hear that the company to whom they entrust a certain amount of their data security completely lied to them about the effectiveness of that security, and covered up the fact that future use of their product might be for naught.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Website's:
    oulee.com ouleehosting.com litespeedhosting.co.uk ddosprotectedhosting.co.uk radiohost.co.uk windowshosting.im
    Symantec really sucks as it really slows down the system.

Thread Information