Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61240 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    mmm mmm!

Default India OKs Censoring Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo

An Indian court given the green light for the prosecution of '21 social networking sites.' The list features 10 foreign-based companies, and could affect websites provided by Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, and YouTube. The recent development is part of an ongoing argument between the companies and India over whether content should be regulated (read: censored) in the country. The approval was actually made on December 23, 2011, but was only revealed yesterday. India warned these websites it can block them just like China can.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...eb-censorship/
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/i...t-youtube/7308
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . India OKs Censoring Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo An Indian court given the green light for the prosecution of '21 social networking sites.' The list features 10 foreign-based companies, and could affect websites provided by Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, and YouTube. The recent development is part of an ongoing argument between the companies and India over whether content should be regulated (read: censored) in the country. The approval was actually made on December 23, 2011, but was only revealed yesterday. India warned these websites Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Yes, we know that OJ, atleast all the indians at KWWH do.
    Screwed

Website's:
    Buried.com CryptCrawl.com
    US and Indian govt are going mad..

I am surprised at India going the China way! Next we might see, DMCA in India too!
    Screwed

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    serious to government.... they cant control black money transactions, corruption, but want to block "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"

You don't hate Justin bieber.You hate the fact you ain't Justin Bieber!

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    I am surprised at India going the China way! Next we might see, DMCA in India too!
    we already have one.... but its not related to Online piracy but roadside pirated CDs/DVDs but even that is not controlled thanks to corruption

You don't hate Justin bieber.You hate the fact you ain't Justin Bieber!

Quote Originally Posted by humour View Post
    we already have one.... but its not related to Online piracy but roadside pirated CDs/DVDs but even that is not controlled thanks to corruption
    No, who said, Police do routine checks at DVD, video shops and other areas, not only for movies but adult content too! They catch those guys and sent to court/jail.....
    Screwed

Banned
    It has some religious angle to it..Nothing against piracy.

Website's:
    NoSeriously.org
    This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by humour View Post
    serious to government.... they cant control black money transactions, corruption, but want to block "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"
    Apparently blocking FOS rights is easier than tackling Black money and corruption!
    Screwed

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information