Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62055 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

mmm mmm!

Default DNS Provision Pulled From SOPA

Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas), one of the biggest backers of the Stop Online Piracy Act, today said he plans to remove the Domain Name System blocking provision. 'After consultation with industry groups across the country,' Smith said in a statement released by his office, 'I feel we should remove (DNS) blocking from the Stop Online Piracy Act so that the [U.S. House Judiciary] Committee can further examine the issues surrounding this provision.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-57...for-opponents/
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . DNS Provision Pulled From SOPA Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas), one of the biggest backers of the Stop Online Piracy Act, today said he plans to remove the Domain Name System blocking provision. 'After consultation with industry groups across the country,' Smith said in a statement released by his office, 'I feel we should remove (DNS) blocking from the Stop Online Piracy Act so that the Committee can further examine the issues surrounding this provision. Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

then, what will they come up next?
    USA are drastic, they think they're economy and whole country is at danger. What a fearful nation

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    Thats not strictly true.

See http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201...ddressed.shtml

They are simply delaying implementation until later.

mmm mmm!
    Remember how lobbying ALWAYS works

(1) Expect A;

(2) Ask for something else A+B+C, where B and C are even more insane-sounding things and C is pratically unworkable;

(3) Make concessions to get people onside by suggesting that you're prepared to renegotiate on C;

(4) Wait for objections to be made to much of B and a near complete elimination of C;

(5) End up with all of A and a few scraps from B and C.

Notice this pattern in every jurisdiction with every proposed law. Always tackle the principles, which will be in A - you'll probably find that you want to eliminate the bill entirely. (That's at the second reading at the latest, if you're looking at the UK Parliament. Beyond that it's too late unless the increasingly castrated Lords throw up a fuss.)
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Website's:
    eotips.com

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    Well that is the issue with living in a democratic dictatorship. Aside from voting people in, you have no real say in anything.

Thread Information