Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61906 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

mmm mmm!

Default French Court Frowns On Autocomplete, Tells Google To Remove Searches

Google had been sued by insurance company Lyonnaise de Garantie, which was offended by search results including the word 'escroc,' meaning crook, according to a story posted Tuesday by the Courthouse News Service. 'Google had argued that it was not liable since the word, added under Google Suggest, was the result of an automatic algorithm and did not come from human thought,' the article states. 'A Paris court ruled against Google, however, pointing out that the search engine ignored requests to remove the offending word... In addition to the fine, Google must also remove the term from searches associated with Lyonnaise de Garantie.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...+International
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/01/03/42729.htm
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . French Court Frowns On Autocomplete, Tells Google To Remove Searches Google had been sued by insurance company Lyonnaise de Garantie, which was offended by search results including the word 'escroc,' meaning crook, according to a story posted Tuesday by the Courthouse News Service. 'Google had argued that it was not liable since the word, added under Google Suggest, was the result of an automatic algorithm and did not come from human thought,' the article states. 'A Paris court ruled against Google, however, pointing out that the search engine ignored requests Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Its funny that insurance company got a keyword with crook
    Screwed

Website's:
    ihide.info
    DAMN YOU AUTOCOMPLETE.. i mean autocorrect
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Thread Information