Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62751 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org

Default RUMOR - Microsoft to buy Nokia

Their was talk about this a while ago when Microsoft and Nokia were forming a deal to release phones and now it's resurfaced mostly due to Eldar Murtazin who's a mobile expert and has announced similar big stories in the past before official press releases. The sale will be for the Nokia Smartphone division, "one or two" manufacturing plants and all the lovely mobile patents Nokia own.

So lets think about this if it were to happen.
    Google and Apple are miles ahead in the smartphones race and recently Amazon got into the tablet market with it's Kindle Fire. A lot of people (myself included) think Amazon are working on a mobile phone to be released at the end of this year which would work on a similar pricing model to the tablet which was the reason behind it's success. If this happens it will be even harder for Microsoft to make up ground which is already struggling. The desktop market which Microsoft has dominated for years is slowing and will continue to decline so the tablet and mobile market is a key area. It's also important to help it's app store develop and encourage developers to make apps.
    As for Nokia they have seen their market share tumble and are in need of a new direction.
    With Googles (pending) Motorola purchase such a deal doesn't seam so far fetched either. Apple have always made their own phones and with Motorola Google can now have more control enabling updates to be released to customers faster. RIM's Blackberry also makes it's own phones even though it's market share is like Nokias in a downward trend so this leaves Microsoft as the only company not in a position to make it's own phone.

So do you think it will happen or is it a good or bad idea? Is Nokia a dying company Microsoft should stay away from?
    Mr Happy Reviewed by Mr Happy on . RUMOR - Microsoft to buy Nokia Their was talk about this a while ago when Microsoft and Nokia were forming a deal to release phones and now it's resurfaced mostly due to Eldar Murtazin who's a mobile expert and has announced similar big stories in the past before official press releases. The sale will be for the Nokia Smartphone division, "one or two" manufacturing plants and all the lovely mobile patents Nokia own. So lets think about this if it were to happen. Google and Apple are miles ahead in the smartphones race Rating: 5
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

2.   Sponsored Links

Microsoft aint buying Nokia, its a rumour only!
    Screwed

Doing things differently.
    Tbh, i think Nokia have got their heads screwed on, if it is a dying company like most say and won't ever compete with Google/Apple why not get out now why they have the chance?

OR

It could swing the other way and turn into an Google/Apple beater.

At the end of the day, no one will actually know, not even the experts what the outcome will/may be.

Website's:
    JustCDkeys.com
    isnt Nokia very popular in Europe still ?

They arent goin' anywhere yet

mmm mmm!
    This rumor is more than a year old.

I hardly think it happens - why? Nokia dies. Why should Microsoft spend money on a dying company?
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Microsoft aint buying Nokia, its a rumour only!
    It says RUMOR in capitals in the title. I'm discussing the pros and cons of such a potential purchase. Personally I think their are more pros than cons and it would be a good purchase by Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by nForc3r View Post
    isnt Nokia very popular in Europe still ?

They arent goin' anywhere yet
    Not near as popular as they were just 3 years ago. Their market share is still falling heavily not just in Europe but globally. Android phones have become incredibly cheap so people are getting a cheap Android insted of a basic Nokia and remember they don't have an OS anymore. They have to act fast or they will die out completely in 2-3 years at this rate
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Overjaculation View Post
    I hardly think it happens - why? Nokia dies. Why should Microsoft spend money on a dying company?
    Google paid 12.5 Billion for Motorola who's market share is also reducing.

Who knows but I was looking at a
    Nokia Lumia 710 - White for Tmobile USA

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    patents win all. Just ask Apple.

Nokia is still leading in mobile production , and i still use Nokia, though i don't like it much , but its good for me , for now at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information