Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61253 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mmm mmm!

Default What's Keeping You On XP?

PC World reports that Windows XP lost more than 11 percent of its share from September to December 2011, to post a December average of 46.5 percent, a new low for the aged OS as users have gotten Microsoft's message that the operating system should be retired. Figures indicate that Windows 7 will become the most widely used version in April, several months earlier than previous estimates. Two months ago, as Microsoft quietly celebrated the 10th anniversary of XP's retail launch, the company touted the motto 'Standing still is falling behind' to promote Windows 7 and demote XP. In July, Microsoft told customers it was 'time to move on' from XP, reminding everyone that the OS would exit all support in April 2014. Before that, the Internet Explorer team had dismissed XP as the 'lowest common denominator' when they explained why it wouldn't run IE9. The deadline for ditching Windows XP is in April 2014, when Microsoft stops patching the operating system. 'Enterprises don't want to run an OS when there's no security fixes,' says Michael Silver, an analyst with Gartner Research rejecting the idea that Microsoft would extend the end-of-life date for Windows XP to please the 10% who have no plans to leave the OS. 'The longer they let them run XP, the more enterprises will slow down their migration.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/24717...p_bigtime.html
    http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/new...ean-to-you.ars
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/23547..._the_door.html
    http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...cline_quickens
    Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . What's Keeping You On XP? PC World reports that Windows XP lost more than 11 percent of its share from September to December 2011, to post a December average of 46.5 percent, a new low for the aged OS as users have gotten Microsoft's message that the operating system should be retired. Figures indicate that Windows 7 will become the most widely used version in April, several months earlier than previous estimates. Two months ago, as Microsoft quietly celebrated the 10th anniversary of XP's retail launch, the company Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    rko.com
    why not ? i'm using xp with unbuntu (latest) [dual boot]

i'm happy

Banned
    Website's:
    CuraShare.Net CuraShare.Me CuraShare.Info
    Allot of software for developers (more hardware specific developers) and technicians doesn't run smooth or doesn't run at all on W7.
    Aside from that, my main computer, which (alongside Linux) runs Windows, and then it's booted up (without anything running) it already ate up 1.6GB of my RAM.
    I have a P4 machine with 512mb laying around, running WinXP, this machine only uses 160mb ram when booted up!

If you ask me, I fully understand why some people/companies are still running XP, it's a great OS!

Website's:
    DragonHost.org
    I would say the only people who stay on XP "Most of the majority" are people who don't know how to use a computer so they don't bother with the technical stuff.

I would say ram, is keeping a lot of people from upgrading due to their lack of available ram.

And are scared to buy any other computer system/

"Put her hands down my pants now she rocking Sean John" -Big Sean

mmm mmm!
    Many corporations and government organizations have stringent security requirements. Everything must be tested and approved. Security plans must be written the spell out everything on the network. This work is very time consuming and expensive to upgrade all computers. Thus I'd expect slow adoption and inertia. One could argue that updating to the latest will result in better security, but not always and bureaucracy is rarely logical.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

i hate win 7 interface, they made it too 'user friendly'-ish with all the wizards & automations

Website's:
    Nerdy-Tutorials.com Mp3viddown.com Filmlab.eu
    i would say apple.. mac

The RAM usage along with the overall speed. I hate the drivers support for 64-bit XP along with some of its user interface (which I'm used to in 7).

I r Super Cop
    all new OS are resource intensive

XP ftw!
    Follow besthostingforums on FB

Looking for an Article Writer? Check out my services here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information