Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6921 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Red face Recommendations & Help Required Regarding Installation on a Fresh Linux VPS

Ok, I am a noob at this so please excuse me in case my queries are stupid. Basically, I am installing everything right from the bottom like PHP, MYSQL etc on my New VPS which is currently blank. I want you guys to help me recommend which OS to choose, How to install all the stuff like PHP, MYSQL etc & Also I need a control panel which would in future make my stuff easy to handle.

---

So this noob needs your help now... Please Help.
    my123world Reviewed by my123world on . Recommendations & Help Required Regarding Installation on a Fresh Linux VPS Ok, I am a noob at this so please excuse me in case my queries are stupid. Basically, I am installing everything right from the bottom like PHP, MYSQL etc on my New VPS which is currently blank. I want you guys to help me recommend which OS to choose, How to install all the stuff like PHP, MYSQL etc & Also I need a control panel which would in future make my stuff easy to handle. --- So this noob needs your help now... Please Help. :sun: Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

one word, CentOS!

Banned
    CentOS 6 or 5?

Banned
    Website's:
    HotWallpapers.me AustraliaFlood.net VirtualUpload.net
    Two words, Windows OS!

Banned
    Thumper - Its a Linux Vps.... Not a Windows One!

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperTM View Post
    Two words, Windows OS!
    He wants to run his websites over there, he also wants to run sBorg on it, you tell me, WindowsOS, or CentOS!

Plus, he said Linux VPS so yea..

You should go ahead and install CentOS 6, i'd recommend it since its the latest..

Website's:
    Elite.SO Defendos.com Motionite.com
    CentOS 5.7

Defendos BETA3 Released! Thread - Official Website

Banned
    Ok, Kept CENTOS 6 for installation... show be completed in a few minutes. I bought a SBORG Ticket too. Got my Details

--

Now Next part, How do i install Kloxo on it? (Kloxo as my Control Panel or you recommend one) & all the stuff like PHP, Mysql, Apache etc.

So, since you probably dont wanna install cPanel because you can't afford it or w.e, i'd recommend you install Kloxo since its Free, its a Decent panel, and its Stable too..

Just refer to the below guide:

You have to disable SELinux by editing /etc/sysconfig/selinux and changing the line to selinux=disabled. This will keep SELinux from being enabled on your server next boot.

Then you must run the following command as root to disable SELinux for the current session:

# su - root # setenforce 0

If you are unsure this procedure worked, you can run /usr/sbin/sestatus to check its status. Failure to correctly disable SELinux will render your Kloxo install useless and an OS reload may be required to properly reinstall it.
    Also, make sure the ports 7778/tcp and 7777/tcp are open in your server firewall or you won't be able to connect to Kloxo web panel when the install completes.

Installing Kloxo

Kloxo installation consists of downloading kloxo-installer.sh from download.lxcenter.org and execute it as root. They will download all the required files and install them for you. In case you are presented with a question/menu from yum/up2date, you may press <Enter> .

If you don't have MySQL server already installed, you must run:

# su - root # yum install -y wget # wget http://download.lxcenter.org/downloa...o-installer.sh # sh ./kloxo-installer.sh --type=<master/slave>

If you already have MySQL installed and set a root password, you must run:

# su - root # yum install -y wget # wget http://download.lxcenter.org/downloa...o-installer.sh # sh ./kloxo-installer.sh --type=<master/slave> --db-rootpassword=PASSWORD

Once kloxo is installed, you can connect to http://YOUR_SERVER_IP:7778 and you will be presented with a login screen. Login as admin with password admin and once you are in, Kloxo will explicitly force you to change the password to a secure one.

Note: If you cannot connect to the Kloxo Control Panel:
    Please check: if Kloxo is running. If you are sure that Kloxo is running, the following might be the case:
    - You or your provider have installed a firewall on your system (Please check your respective firewall and open the port 7777/7778 in the firewall.)
    - Example: If you run the command "iptables --list" and the server has not reported that iptables doesn't exist, please try "/etc/init.d/iptables stop" and try to connect to Kloxo. If the connection is succesfull, then open port 7777/7778 in iptables.

Banned
    Will kloxo install everything like PHP, MYSQL etc? or does it come installed with Cent OS 6?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information