Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6984 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    srdelta.com

Lightbulb New Facebook Suicide Prevent Feature

Facebook is a hotbed for bullying, fake profiles and offensive content, so the Palo Alto, Calif.-based social network announced Tuesday it would launch a new platform that allows users to instantly connect with real crisis counselors through Facebook?s chat system for messaging.

?One of the big goals here is to get the person in distress into the right help as soon as possible,? said Fred Wolens, Facebook?s manager for public policy.
    When someone searches the word ?suicide? in Google and Yahoo, the two search engines always provide the phone number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline as the first result. Facebook used to e-mail users or their friends to contact law enforcement if they believed someone was going to harm themselves, but by providing a space where someone can instantly have someone to talk to, Facebook has gone above and beyond in its fight to end online bullying and suicide.
    ?The science shows that people experience reductions in suicidal thinking when there is quick intervention,? said Lidia Bernik, the Lifeline?s associate project director. ?We?ve heard from many people who say they want to talk to someone but don?t want to call. Instant message is perfect for that.?
    A few suicide attempts have been thwarted, too, thanks to Facebook. A Pennsylvania man alerted local police that his friend in California was going to commit suicide, and the authorities were able to apprehend the friend in time before he had a chance to hurt himself. The California man was committed to a hospital.
    The Lifeline will be available to users 24 hours a day, with crisis workers always ready to chat.
    ?We have effective treatments to help suicidal individuals regain hope and a desire to live and we know how powerful personal connections and support can be,? said the U.S. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin. ?Facebook and the Lifeline are to be commended for addressing one of this nation?s most tragic public health problems.?
    Nearly 100 Americans die by suicide each day, and the U.S. records almost 36,035 suicide cases per year, according to Benjamin?s office.
    By Dave Smith
    nasavsisro Reviewed by nasavsisro on . New Facebook Suicide Prevent Feature Facebook is a hotbed for bullying, fake profiles and offensive content, so the Palo Alto, Calif.-based social network announced Tuesday it would launch a new platform that allows users to instantly connect with real crisis counselors through Facebook?s chat system for messaging. ?One of the big goals here is to get the person in distress into the right help as soon as possible,? said Fred Wolens, Facebook?s manager for public policy. When someone searches the word ?suicide? in Rating: 5
    My Tech Blog
    www.SRDelta.Com

2.   Sponsored Links

Suicide coz of FB?? Really?!
    Screwed

Respected Member
    Not just suicide because of facebook - suicide in general. People are known to post giving warnings that they will be killing themselves.

I heard this on the news this morning.

Banned
    Website's:
    rko.com
    i heard some 10 yrs old girl she was posting pics of herself faking suicide cutting herself well she died probably thats why FB is taking those stuffs

and dont you guys remember ? suicides on myspace well social sites is like another life and many pplz take FB seriously and i dont blame them
    so i think its a good move by FB

by Dave Smith... Dad?

they make it sound like it's possible to stop such a thing - yet it's not. Unless they censor facebook so there is no more user generated content... :-\

Made by Envee :P

Website's:
    MP3SearchEngines.net LatestMovieTrailers.org Talking.so
    Trust me, such people should die. Assholes take their own lives. The brave knows how to fight.
    In fact I just noticed, when you type "suicide" in Google search box, the drop down list doesn't show the word.
    But still, a good move.

This site is using a hacked database of W junction
    Last edited by Gavo; 4th Jan 2015 at 02:40 PM.

I know someone who talked shit to the girl but the girl talked shit at first and then he got arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavo View Post
    goto Facebook and search “suicide”

2 minutes later there will be a knock at the door
    Yeah, +1 Gavo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAlNrtcPCLw[/ame]
    => Selling ==> Top Level Domains ==>FileHosting.pro and CyberLocker.pro

Did anyone hear about the eleven... YES 11 suicides in Wales (Bridgend) during 2009? They were all FB related and they all hanged themselves....apparently they were all young Goths under the age of 17. Sad. Sickos even named it the "Hanging Gardens of Bridgend!" (instead of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.. for those of you not familiar with it!) Why? Why? Why? Just dumbfounds me everytime! So sad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information