Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61988 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp32 View Post
    It'd take a fair bit of time to manually approve every member that registers as I believe there are over a hundred registrations a day, then we'd have to remember/check all other user names in the member list to see if any look similar.

I guess there is a plugin for vbulletin that helps find similar usernames for it.

You can pm the user to get another username.
    I am the TharkiBaba >_> Oh well thats my websites name -_-

2.   Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Freak? View Post
    Well Eso to tell the truth i have faced that problem few days ago

Cause of which i had pmed V1rg1n to get my username changed but well no reply

Note: That user which used my name isn't from here so no worries till now
    well i am not using your name bro....i registered my self with this name on several forums but i came on KWWH after you that's why you are telling that i am using your name but no issue for me till now b'coz i am doing my work in my area.

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    wont agree with "manually approving each user" but I would still say its(similar usernames) very confusing sometimes

You don't hate Justin bieber.You hate the fact you ain't Justin Bieber!

Respected Member
    Website's:
    DL4Everything.com Soft2050.in
    Mods can't remember all the usernames so this wont actually happen.
    You are in office and you have a buddy with the same name as you have. Would you ask him/you to get name change?

Quote Originally Posted by EsotorisK View Post
    I guess there is a plugin for vbulletin that helps find similar usernames for it.

You can pm the user to get another username.
    Not sure about this plugin. But this wont help much. One can still use different chars and add up in the username

The King of Kings
    Website's:
    rukidding.org thetechnews.org
    Well i Ain't Talking about you

Few of the people here know that i used to own a forum named RapidPiracy - A indian Piracy site

well a guy wanted to be a member of the staff i supposedly didn't make him a member of the staff

For Which he Started using my name on every forum and well scammed a few people

I still get few msgs on IM's Asking for refund without any reason so well thats my issue

Teh GFX Whore! ^.^
    Even i used to face problem initially with that NiTiSH username when i used to get PMs ..but now i just ignore them. I wonder if hes getting any GFX requests ..!

I joined KWWHunction before it was cool!
    My "AWESOME" Graphic designing Service

Banned
    Website's:
    proxyjunction.blogspot.com
    we need to start making Clans at KWWH and begin shoutbox fights

team Mind Freak vs Team happy

something like that

It's not really a good thing, or kind thing to ask people to change a name, because it looks similar to the other. On a small forum it is manageable but on a big forum like this, like SP32 said, it is quite a bit of a hassle.

Being Scammed.
    Well how stupid can you be to get scammed due to name issues?
    Maybe that person should think twice next time before doing something silly, to be scammed by a person using false nick!

Overall it was a good idea, but a hard one to implement

Banned
    MF the second one is world famous in BollyWood Torrent Sites! MF the 1st one is celebrating his BDay today

mmm mmm!
    We should ban the word "cyber" and "quick".

Thanks
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information