Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62127 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    Mafiablog.org Dl4all.net Downloadsarena.net

Post Win32/Virut.NCZ virus - Removing my All *.exe files | Any soultion to save them?

Hello,

I have been infected with this stupid virus "Win32/Virut.NCZ virus" and now when i run the cleaning process through NOD, it is removing my all *.exe files. Looks like my all exe has been infected. Is there any way so that i could save my backup?

Please share your views.

Thank you
    Arthur Reviewed by Arthur on . Win32/Virut.NCZ virus - Removing my All *.exe files | Any soultion to save them? Hello, I have been infected with this stupid virus "Win32/Virut.NCZ virus" and now when i run the cleaning process through NOD, it is removing my all *.exe files. Looks like my all exe has been infected. Is there any way so that i could save my backup? Please share your views. Thank you Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Yeah, its gonna effect exe file...you can't really quarantine this virus while running O/s ..However you can do few step

Reboot system in Safe mode & run the Anti Virus in Safe mode
    After done..
    Roll back your data - I mean...Restore your system point ..if your machine was infected like today...make you restore point @ couple of days earlier.

After System Restore...
    Right click on My computer-Properties-System Restore...Check "Turn off System Restore on All drive"

This is very imp part and you should do it..as virus hide over restore folder...so you have to clean up restore point.

After done..Run the virus scan again

If your machine got infected having an Anti virus installed that's prove your Virus database is not updated or it simply Sucks..
    Update your virus database before running a scan or get a better anti virus like Kaspersky or Avast (Avast runs in safe mode when virus overwrite exe file)..try it
    There are people that watch things happen, people that make things happen and people that wonder what the hell just happened.

Website's:
    Nah i have Ghost of my C drive about 2 months back. Just let me know if i restore it, will that virus remains there or not? I mean the files on the other drives will still remains infected or not?

i think it might have infected other drives.... just check if there is an "autorun.inf" file in each drive.... The file may be hidden.... if there is one then restoring windows from ghost isnt of no use...

My cousins computer once got that virus....
    Installed "Avast" free version....
    Scanned System in Dos mode (Option in Avast)...
    Deleted all the virus....
    Reinstalled the windows.... (In ur case Restore from backup..)

As for infected files.... They are of no use....
    Delete it and download latest version.....

Website's:
    hummm that's right. I am installing now Kaspersky 2011 and will see how it works. I'll firstly scan my all dirves then i'll restore the ghost.

Kaspersky is good anti virus..No doubt ! but I am afraid trojans won't allow to install it..if it get Install...update the database and run a full scan.
    Avast is good to delete virus from the infected machine as it run in safe/dos mode to clean the deadly virus.

Restoring system doesn't delete virus..it remain idle on the disk..however you can restore and run a virus scan.
    Specially check n scan the folder System Volume Info on each drive
    There are people that watch things happen, people that make things happen and people that wonder what the hell just happened.

Website's:
    Avast Antivirus would be good or Avast Internet Security would be good for this purpose?

Awww! that sucks to be infected, what did you do? Never download untrusted stuff from internet!
    Screwed

Website's:
    @ Off topic
    really sad to know about yourself (about your sigi )

Well that just come from a pen drive. I was not home. My little bro put the usb in my cpu and that's how i got infected

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Avast Antivirus would be good or Avast Internet Security would be good for this purpose?
    Yep..Avast would be great for this trojans troubleshoot...Run in safe mode and install the Avast...reboot and it will Scan in Bios..when it ask for permission...hit delete...
    Make sure..you have O/S CD ..as you have to reinstall your operating system to work flawless..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information