Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61896 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation 100Mbps vs. 1Gbps

Hello, What is the difference between 100Mbps and 1Gbps RDP, if i want to download torrents from private trackers ??
    SSJ4 Reviewed by SSJ4 on . 100Mbps vs. 1Gbps Hello, What is the difference between 100Mbps and 1Gbps RDP, if i want to download torrents from private trackers ?? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    Ifyoureseeingthisinsteadofrealbiothenyourenotyetreadytoknow.com
    100mbps - You get around 12-12.5 MB/s download speed*!
    1GBPS - You get 120-125 MB/s download speed*!

*Speed can differ sometime!

Banned
    Website's:
    CloudNXT.net
    100mbit wont feel any difference speeds will be same while downloading single torrent.

1GBPS is for multiple connections of torrent and filehost

Banned
    if you have enough budget then go for 1g

thanks guys for info. Is BuyRDP a good choice for this ?

Yeah, buyrdp is good choice.
    Screwed

always better to buy the maximum speed you can afford......... normally rdps are shared among several users so lets say you have a 10gbps shared port.. then you can at least get 1-2gbps average even when the server is on full load

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4 View Post
    Hello, What is the difference between 100Mbps and 1Gbps RDP, if i want to download torrents from private trackers ??
    It is port speed...usually to handle & transmit data from Server
    100 mb per second ...maximum speed is 100 mb/s ..Server can trasmit 100 mb/s data

1 Gbps = 1 gb per second...

For torrent.. 1gbps would be best choice...if too many user leeching/seeding torrent on 100 mbps Server...you will end up with slow speed.

On 1 Gbps ..you can get download speed like 2-30+ Mbps...it also depend on other side Server from where you downloading/uploading torrent.Number of User on your Server etc.
    Usually a good RDP gives you speed anywhere from 2-15+ Mbps.

Say like you downloading 5 torrent on 1 Gbps...you will get above mentioned speed on each torrent file..

Quote Originally Posted by am21 View Post
    . then you can at least get 1-2gbps average even when the server is on full load
    Not true...As speed depends on Server other part too (Config,no of HD etc). Anyways, I agree that we should prefer high speed server but don't expect to get 1-2 gbps Avg .
    There are people that watch things happen, people that make things happen and people that wonder what the hell just happened.

i see many people bitch abt hard disk dont think your 100mbps is good enough lolz its the era of ssd

http://www.besthostingforums.com/1114712-post11.htm

im getting 499 MB / sec I/O on 10gbps when i stress the server to maximum level...... Normal torrenting wont go above 50 MB /sec (show me proof if im wrong)

Agree ..SSD is good for Read & Write as it come with inbuilt chip...but look at the thread of your given link...You almost ate the Server...
    To let you know...Hard disk does matters in port speed...I won't go in details

499MB/s = its giving out just 3 Gbps speed (which is good compare to 1 Gbps)

If a Seeder hosted file on good Server with 10 gbps...you can get above 50mb/s
    There are people that watch things happen, people that make things happen and people that wonder what the hell just happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information