Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62195 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [solved] Looking for online storage

SOLVED
    Thank you for all the suggestion, after all, i will go with megaupload/rapidshare.

Dear Users,
    I am planning to start a little project - i'm going to need some backup storage for it. I'm going to host movies, episodes to series, etc. on the storage, but just for backup purposes, noone will download it except me, and i won't take much bandwidth.
    I thought, about 10mb/s up and down bandwidth would be enough for me. Files will be downloaded rarely, so i need a secure host which do not deletes files, but gives direct links to them.

So what do you think, which online storage/host would be the best to use? Please say some reliable (if yet possible, then cheap) storages. Maybe i should use a filehost with premium? I would prefer not, as filehosts can go down anytime, or just delete files because of the need for server space, etc.

For starters, about 50-100gb space would be enough, but later will need to expand it.

So in short, what i need:
    - at least 50-100gb space, expendable.
    - 10mb/s up/down bandwidth
    - reliable, files stay forever (till i pay)
    - don't care about uploaded files (till no Dmca and other shit, but files won't be shared)

SOLVED
    Thank you for all the suggestion, after all, i will go with megaupload/rapidshare.

mahjong Reviewed by mahjong on . Looking for online storage **************************************** SOLVED **************************************** Thank you for all the suggestion, after all, i will go with megaupload/rapidshare. **************************************** Dear Users, I am planning to start a little project - i'm going to need some backup storage for it. I'm going to host movies, episodes to series, etc. on the storage, but just for backup purposes, noone will download it except me, and i won't take much bandwidth. I thought, Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Maybe 7host company will be fine for your needs.
    Check out their plans.

Banned
    whats your budget for this backup ?

10-20$-s (closer to 10, as a one month premium membership on filehosts is about 10$, so i will choose that if there is no better alternative). I have MU premium, so worst case i will just use that as backup.

Banned
    as it's just for backup and only you are going to use it just buy a vps from here http://www.chvps.com/ the storage vps as they give 100GB storage for something like 13$ only

hi!
    That's not bad but i'm more interested in offers like:
    buyvm.net - 250Gb - 7,5$ (out of stock )
    adrive.com - 100gb for 14$
    myotherdrive.com - 500 gb for 10$
    4shared - 100gb 10$
    opendrive 100gb 10$

So thats what a quick search gave for me, but i'm not sure (except 4shared) how much they dig user content (do they care about them at all if they don't get a dmca?)

Banned
    thats the reason i told you for a vps because if the storage is on filehosts then the sites like filestube.com will scan your content and DMCA will be a prob but in vps there will be nothing of this sort unless you use torrents ..

for rest everything you are all good to go but well thats me rest is upto you

whyn't use rapidshare, good upload spped and download speed --->>> not less than 20 mbps...

if you planned to filehosts means, choose RS, don't think about others, all are slow as turtle......

if you need ftp, cpanel and all means, online.net have cheap dedi plans.......

Website's:
    reddit.com
    Go with rapidshare.
    Other file-hosts are known to randomly delete files from time to time, and a regular hosting provider will most definitely suspend your account if they see a file over 100MB being uploaded to your account.
    I design free logos. click here.

Website's:
    sexybabess.info
    Get hosting with a web host for your site then get a lifetime premium account with megaupload for the file storage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information