Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6726 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Text Box to Radio Box's

Hello, recently I have decided to let members change there username colour around the forums with the vB-Shop feature that allows this. Well while I have been doing so, I do not want to allow the usual text box because people can use any hashed username colours or use the colour "transparent" so they have no username! So I decided I wanted it to look like this:

But now when I click the box and click save it does not save.

Here is the original text box code were you can type your own colour into it:

Code: 
    <td class="alt2"><input type="text" name="code[color]" class="bginput" size="35" /></td>
    And here is the one I changed it to:

Code: 
    <td class="alt2"><form>
    <input type="radio" name="code[color]" /> Red<br />
    <input type="radio" name="code[color]" /> Blue<br />
    <input type="radio" name="code[color]" value="green" /> Green<br />
    </form></td>
    Can someone please help me getting this working.

Thanks.

Also if someone is willing to come and do this for a small amount of money then I'm happy to pay.
    MrOSX Reviewed by MrOSX on . Text Box to Radio Box's Hello, recently I have decided to let members change there username colour around the forums with the vB-Shop feature that allows this. Well while I have been doing so, I do not want to allow the usual text box because people can use any hashed username colours or use the colour "transparent" so they have no username! So I decided I wanted it to look like this: http://puu.sh/833z.png But now when I click the box and click save it does not save. Here is the original text box code were Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    Website's:
    DL4Everything.com Soft2050.in
    How did the colours where inputted by the user before in the textbox? By Colour Codes?

You can then specify colour code as value! Though the value could be easily changed if the request data is posted differently! You also needed to check if the color matchs in allowed color list to prevent this

You have not defined each colour code. You need a unique id for each colour that you allow to be selected.

Try this, no guarantees it will work.

Code: 
    <td class="alt2"><form> 
    <input type="radio" name="code[red]" /> Red<br /> 
    <input type="radio" name="code[blue]" /> Blue<br /> 
    <input type="radio" name="code[green]" value="green" /> Green<br /> </form></td>
    vBulletin-Mods.co.uk - vBulletin-Mods.co.uk is a global community dedicated to extending vBulletin and educating vBulletin users everywhere.

Thread Information