I can think of many uses for a screen scraper. Of course this is something that would be done best on a server somewhere where the up/down speed is very quick. I'm sure a desktop app would work on linux as well at home but not be nearly as quick due to bandwidth limitations.

So with that, of course you can build a scrapper with any coding methods out there but is there anyone that could give hints on where to find an opensource project I could maybe pull apart and look at? I keep thinking of PHP and CURL when talking about a scrapper.
Is a bot recursive by nature also?

Thoughts....
JLproductions Reviewed by JLproductions on . Building a basic screen and text scraper, where to start from? I can think of many uses for a screen scraper. Of course this is something that would be done best on a server somewhere where the up/down speed is very quick. I'm sure a desktop app would work on linux as well at home but not be nearly as quick due to bandwidth limitations. So with that, of course you can build a scrapper with any coding methods out there but is there anyone that could give hints on where to find an opensource project I could maybe pull apart and look at? I keep Rating: 5