Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6856 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default RIP Dennis Ritchie, 1941-2011: Computer scientist, Unix co-creator, C programming lan

RIP Dennis Ritchie, 1941-2011: Computer scientist, Unix co-creator, C programming lan
    By Xeni Jardin at 7:19 pm Wednesday, Oct 12

Computer scientist Dennis Ritchie is reported to have died at his home this past weekend, after a long battle against an unspecified illness. No further details are available at the time of this blog post.

Wikipedia biography here.

He was the designer and original developer of the C programming language, and a central figure in the development of Unix. He spent much of his career at Bell Labs. He was awarded the Turing Award in 1983, and the National Medal of Technology in 1999.

"Ritchie's influence rivals Jobs's; it's just less visible," James Grimmelman observed on Twitter. "His pointer has been cast to void *; his process has terminated with exit code 0."

The news of Ritchie's death was first made public by way of Rob Pike's Google+.

Photo, below: Candlelight vigil for Dennis M. Ritchie. (thanks, Kevin)

Wiki:
    Code: 
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Ritchie
    Source:
    Code: 
    http://boingboing.net/2011/10/12/dennis-ritchie-1941-2011-computer-scientist-unix-co-creator-c-co-inventor.html
    In my opinion this man was more important in the IT world then Steve Jobs
    Kw3rLn Reviewed by Kw3rLn on . RIP Dennis Ritchie, 1941-2011: Computer scientist, Unix co-creator, C programming lan RIP Dennis Ritchie, 1941-2011: Computer scientist, Unix co-creator, C programming lan By Xeni Jardin at 7:19 pm Wednesday, Oct 12 Computer scientist Dennis Ritchie is reported to have died at his home this past weekend, after a long battle against an unspecified illness. No further details are available at the time of this blog post. Wikipedia biography here. He was the designer and original developer of the C programming language, and a central figure in the development of Unix. He Rating: 5
    Link Building - Contact me for 20% discount
    Learn SEO - SEFlame.com

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    Ifyoureseeingthisinsteadofrealbiothenyourenotyetreadytoknow.com
    Rest in Peace.

I'm not a person who particularly had heros when growing up.

You'll be missed.

More of an inspiration than Steve Jobs, sad to see another person dying. But I guess that's life, eh?

So kiss me and smile for me, say that you'll wait for me <'3

Banned
    Website's:
    google.com
    RIP

don't know but all are famous peoples

Just Another Coder
    He was the creator of C. It is the basic language where ever you go now.

Well no comparing to Steve Jobs. Both are great. It is life, some day you must die. Long live man

RIP!

Website's:
    moviesondownload.com
    Quote Originally Posted by fdls View Post
    He was the creator of C. It is the basic language where ever you go now.

Well no comparing to Steve Jobs. Both are great. It is life, some day you must die. Long live man

RIP!
    true man , but i am thinking when i will die how i will inform KWWH ???

Website's:
    ihide.info
    saw this a few days ago.. sad cuz steve jobs is getting all the attention when this guy did way more than jobs.
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

mmm mmm!
    RIP Dennis.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Banned
    RIP who ever you are , also RIP all the poor kids who die daily due to poverty and hunger

Website's:
    SourceParadise.com MobileMaster.org
    Dont you guys compare legends or at least dont compare who are already dead.

RIP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information