Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6960 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need Help-Optimizing Appache on a VPS for Performance

I have a vps with a dedicated IP, full root access.Installed kloxo on 64 bit CentOs. The problem is, I want to edit http.conf and make changes to apache settings. And my ISP currently doesn't give me access to SSH. I tried putty, FireSSH firefox addon etc. but none works.

Is there any other way to get access to the root ?

I would really appreciate any help.
    Enigmatic Reviewed by Enigmatic on . Optimizing Appache on a VPS for Performance I have a vps with a dedicated IP, full root access.Installed kloxo on 64 bit CentOs. The problem is, I want to edit http.conf and make changes to apache settings. And my ISP currently doesn't give me access to SSH. I tried putty, FireSSH firefox addon etc. but none works. Is there any other way to get access to the root ? I would really appreciate any help. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    vaporhostn.com
    get ahold of a vpn or proxy that will allow you to ssh..

If your isp blocks the port thats the best you can do... find a ssh client that lets you proxy..

Thanks Loonycgb2 But I tried a poxy and connection doesn't last longer than 3 sec.

Website's:
    bigscoots.com
    I've never heard of a ISP blocking port 22 for SSH. I would ask your provider to change your SSH port then, its very simple and they shouldn't have any problem doing it. Otherwise PM me and Ill help ya out.

Respected Member
    Try winSCP. But any ftp using the root/pswd as login should allow you to edit any file on the vps.

Website's:
    bigscoots.com
    WinSCP would still be connecting to port 22 if the VPS is using the default port and if the problem really is the ISP blocking it(which is very strange) then best bet is to change the default ssh port.

Thanks alot Loonycgb2 , BigScoots and Lock_Down for your suggestions. I eventually got access to root usinf tor proxy and FireSSH.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigScoots View Post
    WinSCP would still be connecting to port 22 if the VPS is using the default port and if the problem really is the ISP blocking it(which is very strange) then best bet is to change the default ssh port.

WinScp allows you to choose any port and many types of connections like standard ftp so it could use ftp port 21 and edit the file from there.

Website's:
    bigscoots.com
    That's if FTP will allow him to log in as root, as far as I know Kloxo does not by default.

Website's:
    Katzbb.com Foxmovie.co
    confuse this ISP (internet service provider) not give access to ssh or your hosting provider coz what i know ISP not blocked all connection about ssh or etc meybe i am wrong ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information