Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61096 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    awfuck.it

Default So, I'm thinking of opening a new site...it goes like this:

I already bought 8 domains for this but I can always sell back to get my money back but, none of us know what is the best warez forum/blog/ddl? And how they rank up. I was thinking, I'd make a site, get everyone here to submit their site and get other webmasters to submit their site, I will have a small staff reviewing every website based on traffic, members/threads/posts hourly/daily/weekly/monthly, etc etc. Everything will be on a point system to get you a rank 1 from as many sites are listed and how many stars you can get (1 through 6....6 being the best). Many ways to organize based on member count, average amount of new members, same with posts and threads, etc.

It's a complicated to explain everything but I'm already working on the script but the ranks and reviews will be human-made, not by a computer as a computer cannot analyze a website for complete details on looks for a star rating, etc etc.

Also, maybe every site that is on this system will start off with a banner just to advertise this new site but when the week is over, that banner will change to your site's name with it's star rating and weekly ranking and monthly ranking of best sites.

Also, the whole click system will be introduced as well...just because you have the most "in clicks" doesn't mean your site is going to be number one, it can be in that category, but may not be overall.

If you think this is a good idea, please reply saying so and I will try to get this site up and running ASAP.

Everyone ready to see who runs the best forum/blog/ddl?

If you would like to donate to help me get a server asap so I can start BETA testing that would be great too, PM for PayPal details. if not, I will supply the money myself to get the server up and running when the official stage of the script is complete (about 2 or 3 weeks from now depending on comments here).
    DXS Reviewed by DXS on . So, I'm thinking of opening a new site...it goes like this: I already bought 8 domains for this but I can always sell back to get my money back but, none of us know what is the best warez forum/blog/ddl? And how they rank up. I was thinking, I'd make a site, get everyone here to submit their site and get other webmasters to submit their site, I will have a small staff reviewing every website based on traffic, members/threads/posts hourly/daily/weekly/monthly, etc etc. Everything will be on a point system to get you a rank 1 from as many sites are listed Rating: 5
    "People that walk, need to learn how to sound like a book from the age of movies that has routers, then you can change the wall color, if you truly believe in food."
    - el_jentel1 (Link to quote)
    I love esotorisk and st0ne <3
    http://www.formspring.me/iamgodhimself - Ask me anything!

2.   Sponsored Links

Doing things differently.
    This actually could work, BUT, i for one wouldn't say who the staff are or be known to the public.

It will stop people harassing them and people sucking up to get a new rank if they are friends also.
    $project->uploading($surprise);
    //Fatal error: found object, can't execute, no earn = must kill self..

Website's:
    MoanMyName.net Celebs4.us WarezWeek.com ExpertHide.com
    Top Warez Download Forums and DDL Website List is similar in that it lists the most popular site (using Alexa Ranking as a guide). Theres no click feature or voting...but there are other similar sites that do that, and imo, they're just abused. The larger sites have their users vote for them to keep them on top and the smaller ones never have a chance. A true vote for a site is your visit to it.

Website's:
    awfuck.it
    That's why the "in click" vote wouldn't count towards a high rank. It would count based on traffic, new members in a day/week/month, new posts/threads in the same time frames, user activity, user experience, etc etc. Those would get you the most points but that's all mainly human-input besides the member count and thread/post count. But that's would be the main way to get to the top, like a grading scale in school.

Looks - 5%
    Traffic - 15%
    User activity - 20%
    Posts/thread differences by day/week/month - 20%
    New members day/week/month - 15%
    "in click" votes - 5%
    Other - 20% (user experience, alive links to dead links ratio, etc etc)

etc etc
    But a formula that would most precisely rank these sites so it is fair for everyone.

And of course, the staff is being a secret, I'm just giving the idea and writing the script to maintain this, but the staff is going to be running it. No sucking up here.

==========

Plus every site would have it's own unique profile with reviews about what you can find there, screen shots of the site, alive link to dead link ratio (updated weekly or something), how friendly the staff and other users are, etc etc. It could help for other people to find a new warez site that they would enjoy.

Also, a user reviews could be accepted as well and that could count as like 2% of the grade since it'll be like the "in click votes".
    "People that walk, need to learn how to sound like a book from the age of movies that has routers, then you can change the wall color, if you truly believe in food."

Website's:
    awfuck.it
    Also, I forgot to mention, the staff that I have interviewed already, they gave me a promise that they would give a totally unbiased opinion and 100% honest rating of the site. Plus, none of the staff knows much about the warez scene but I will tell them how to make everything work to make this 100% accurate. It will work, and we'll finally know who's number one (out of sites listed in the database).

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    Few problems I see.

Peoples opinions differ. For example someone can like a dark theme while another could hate it and that's just among staff. You will get conflicting ratings.

Your totally under estimating the work involved in reviewing. I own http://wrzc.org and wrote the descriptions. It's a lot more work than you think. You cant possibly review every site fairly weekly. I also ran MechoDDL for a while and rerated sites and whitelisted sites. To do it right takes a lot of time which is why it's about every month or two they are allowed request re-rates and those re-rates aren't near as in-dept as your planning. The more you have on a review team the more the reviews vary in quality and consistency.

Working out the new members and topics per day is extremely difficult to do it automatically. Manually it's easy but incredibly time consuming making it unrealistic. Believe me I've tried. The real way to do it is get them to upload a file to their server which returns the data like an api wigit type thing. This works well but you'll only get slow crappy sites to add this. The likes of WBB and others you want to know never will.

Reviews by guests don't work. You'll get some noob on WBB who's banned as his autoposter fucked up and he'll write a crap broken English review as he's pissed off. Then you'll have admins of tiny worthless sites writing reviews about how great their site is (also in poor English). This was happening when I allowed webmasters write their own reviews in the http://wrzc.org/add-site.php page of my site and later I removed it so now I do everything.

These are a few things you need to consider but it's a good idea so best of luck with it.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Thread Information