The laws on advertising of many countries prohibit unavoidable (or intrusive or invasive or which cannot be ignored) advertising
as well without opt-out options.

I am trying to understand whether it is the same in United States.

I found "Privacy Policies and Internet Advertising Law" ftelling:
In addition to pre-existing laws, the U.S. Congress has enacted several new laws that govern Internet advertising and privacy. The most important of these is H.R. 29, more commonly known as the SPY Act (Securely Protect Yourself Against Cyber Trespass Act), which came into effect on March 5, 2005. The Act prohibits specific types of Internet advertisements and methods for manipulating users? computers, including:
Advertisements that cannot be closed ?without undue effort or knowledge by the user.?
As far as I understand English, this article implies the right of user, backed up by law, to close or avoid/skip advertising
or declaring unavoidable advertising?

I have doubts because if to look in the text of this law:
SEC. 2. PROHIBITION OF [UNFAIR OR] DECEPTIVE ACTS OR PRACTICES RELATING TO SPYWARE.

(a) Prohibition- It is unlawful for any person, who is not the owner or authorized user of a protected computer, to engage in unfair or deceptive acts or practices that involve any of the following conduct with respect to the protected computer:
(1) Taking control of the computer by--

• (E) delivering advertisements or a series of advertisements that a user of the computer cannot close or terminate without undue effort or knowledge by the user or without turning off the computer or closing all sessions of the Internet browser for the computer.
it is given in context of taking control of computer.

Does it apply to intrusive advertising at large, like blocking access to web resources by advertising captchas?
Omaba Reviewed by Omaba on . unavoidable advertising - is it legal in U.S.? The laws on advertising of many countries prohibit unavoidable (or intrusive or invasive or which cannot be ignored) advertising as well without opt-out options. I am trying to understand whether it is the same in United States. I found "Privacy Policies and Internet Advertising Law" ftelling: As far as I understand English, this article implies the right of user, backed up by law, to close or avoid/skip advertising or declaring unavoidable advertising? Rating: 5