Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62177 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Website's:
    RIP-Warezthegfx.org RIP-Usawarez.com

Lightbulb KWWHunction Modifications

Hello KWWH,

Here is my second thread with some ideas i have to improve KWWHunction and make it a better place.

* Reputation Mod:

I'd like to suggest installing or creating a plugin for the forum which allows people to give feedback about other users like iTrader.

This modification will give users the option of giving feedback about other users when they misbehave or did something outstanding.

I do think this option should be thought over carefully so that it doesn't get abused and it should be moderated. The last thing we want is that people start giving all their friends +1 feedback for nothing. Or the other way around.

Perhaps think about giving users 1 point (which they can give out to others) for every 25 posts they make. This way the points are actually worth something and the chance of abuse is less.

* Thank you Mod:

This modification might sound very familiar to many KWWH users but i'd like to see it with a twist.

People should be able to see how many times a post was thanked inside a topic but this should not be added to people's user stats (the part where you can see how many posts someone has).

I think this will help people out to see which posts are valuable but won't give people a higher status because of how many (or how little) times they have been thanked.

People are all equal on KWWH (until proven differently) and we already have certain user ranks to divide people from each other.

* Remove post count:

This part might be a little extreme to some but in my experience with other forums this actually helps out a great deal when it comes to the thought that every user is equal.

Why should it matter how many posts you have? Even a 1 post person can make smart and interesting posts.

For me post count only grows e-penisses and nothing else.

This is it for today. I have briefly explained some things i'd like to see changed on KWWH and i hope to receive some feedback from the Katz staff.

Greetings,

Katz
    Catz Reviewed by Catz on . KWWHunction Modifications Hello KWWH, Here is my second thread with some ideas i have to improve KWWHunction and make it a better place. * Reputation Mod: I'd like to suggest installing or creating a plugin for the forum which allows people to give feedback about other users like iTrader. This modification will give users the option of giving feedback about other users when they misbehave or did something outstanding. Rating: 5
    I am not "The Katz" or affiliated, it's just my last name.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    reddit.com
    Remove post count:

i like that.. that will stop a lot o people making stupid replies just to increase post count..
    I design free logos. click here.

Website's:
    Quote Originally Posted by WarezManiac View Post
    Remove post count:

i like that.. that will stop a lot o people making stupid replies just to increase post count..
    Indeed and basicly you would only be removing the post count from the public area, in the back it would still be there for katz staff to see etc..

Website's:
    *************** IMGscene.com
    Someone wants 'the rank'.
    Being serious though; I like the ideas.

A 'thanks' mod would just be great.
    R.I.P Brother ~~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjPRBPLL6jI

I'm a standing soldier.... :/

Google Corp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catz View Post
    * Reputation Mod:
    This will definitely be abused, even if it was set up in the way you have described. Moderators will get fed up with the bullshit that will happen. Not needed imo.

* Thank you Mod:
    Good idea. It should work just fine if it doesn't get added to the stats under your avatar.
    Life asked Death: "Why do people love me, but hate you?"
    Death responded: "Because you're a beautiful lie and I'm the painful truth."

Website's:
    Wrestle-Zone.net Media-Zone.net
    people bitch about trader score and shit.
    way more hassle
    wWw.Wrestle-Zone.net
    WrestlinG & WareZ

A$$HOLE: To0

Website's:
    Quote Originally Posted by SJshah View Post
    This will definitely be abused, even if it was set up in the way you have described.
    With the 25 posts for 1 point to hand out? I doubt it. The specific details would have to be worked out but i think it's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SJshah View Post
    Good idea. It should work just fine if it doesn't get added to the stats under your avatar.
    How about the post count?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
    people bitch about trader score and shit.
    way more hassle
    People bitch about anything. It might increase the workflow for the staff the first few weeks but after that i think it'll soon become normal again.

Pure Awesomeness!
    The reputation and thank you mod will get whored, ull be seeing people getting thanked just by posting 'lol wtf' in a thread.

Removing post count sounds alright to me as I don't care about it .

I agree with each suggestion. Great ideas, hopefully an Administrator will check this thread and implement some of your ideas. All though for the iTrader mod, it has been suggested over and over. I dont see how it will be abused, but I can tell you that the admins will just tell you that its been said before. Thanks mod should be added, theres alot of useful people who make alot of useful posts. As for not showing the stats in the postbit I think the opposite, show it in the postbit else whats the point? Removing post count might be a good idea, people use it to look like theyre active or gain trust and post count simply isnt meant for that. We also should delete like all members from after October 2009 imo but thats way too extreme for you guys.

-d0tCOM

Google Corp.
    How about the post count?
    I never look at post count these days, so I cant really comment on that.
    Life asked Death: "Why do people love me, but hate you?"
    Death responded: "Because you're a beautiful lie and I'm the painful truth."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information